July 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' Goes Out on a Kidnapping Cliffhanger (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 26th 2011 4:09AM
'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' finale - 'Death by a Thousand Cuts'Well, there's bad news and good probabilities for fans of the spin-off series 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' (Wed., 10PM ET on CBS). The series wrapped its first season on a deadly cliffhanger, but the series has been cancelled. That's the bad news.

Not only is the show ending after only 13 episodes, but time has run out and Beth's still in the hands of a man who is ready to kill her. Cooper's got a guy on the end of his gun wanting to just die as the time runs out, while Beth has a gun pointed at her.

In the closing seconds, the shot went all '24' on us as we saw both scenes and a clock ticking down the last remaining seconds. Then blackness. Then a gunshot. But what happened?

The good probabilities come because while 'Suspect Behavior' didn't make it, the parent series will be back next season. And with Garcia pulling double-duty on both shows already, it should be pretty easy to give fans some answers as to what went down.

Even if the characters from this show don't show up directly on 'Criminal Minds,' we should at least be able to hear in passing what happened. We don't think that's too much to ask.

DeeJay Tecnine

June 09 2011 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julieblues

I really liked Suspect Behavior, I don't understand why these damn tv stations don't give the new shows enough time to catch on with the viewers. The cast was great.

June 08 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Once again, CBS screws up and cancels a show that had great potential. Network tv has a tendency to slice and dice shows and characters without giving things a chance. Keep it up, no one will bother tuning in for network tv anymore because they're tired of investing in a show that gets tanked before it has a chance to get off the ground. Personally, I'm getting sick of it and will only watch network shows that have proven track records that I'm already watching, otherwise, TNT, USA, etc will get my time.

June 06 2011 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cinlb1969

I have a way they can close their show. Printiss comes in with AJ and the shot heard was her shooting the guy with the gun pointed at the agent, thus saving the agent. The rest of the Criminal Minds crew comes in with Garcia having alerted them to what was happening and they meet up with Printiss. Then the rest of CM season is about explaining Printiss and other jobs. SB crew goes off and is left doing their jobs with no one dying.

May 29 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rn3lpn2emt1

i liked this show !! where are the tiny minds that make these decisions being kept? in a closet?? they had a good show and they cut it out too soon

May 27 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse Gomez-Fox

I liked Suspect Behavior. I hated the ending. With each passing season, I become less and less willing to become invested in new shows. They just don't get the chance/respect they deserve. Many of my new favorites fell this year.

I've always been a huge fan of television over movies, but I think I'm done with it.

May 26 2011 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply