September 3, 2014

Kara DioGuardi Gets Another Bravo Reality Series

by Chris Harnick, posted May 26th 2011 4:30PM
Kara DioGuardiBravo's gotten a taste of Kara DioGuardi and wants more, apparently.

The network, which is home to DioGuardi's new music competition series 'Platinum Hit,' announced a new docu-series featuring the former 'American Idol' judge.

'Kara' will follow DioGuardi's personal and professional lives.

"'Kara' is the perfect addition to our latest development slate," Eli Lehrer, vice president of development at Bravo, said in a statement. "People have one perception of DioGuardi, but this series will peek behind the curtain and reveal much more interesting and multi-faceted aspects of this incredibly successful, talented artist and business woman."

"We believe her dynamic personality and fascinating career will resonate with our audience and reflect our pop culture brand," he said.

You may remember another former 'Idol' judge also dipped her toe into the Bravo reality pool. Paulda Abdul starred in 'Hey Paula,' a short-lived Bravo reality series that aired in summer 2007. The series was bashed by critics and poorly rated.

No release date for 'Kara' was given. DioGuardi can be seen in 'Platinum Hit,' premiering Mon. May 30 at 10PM.

Tell us: Will you watch 'Kara'?

Watch Kara DioGuardi on 'Watch What Happens Live' below.

George

Yes, We would watch her. She made Idol interesting.

May 27 2011 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jims3

Kara is so annoying. I stopped watching IDOL because of her. I give her show 4 episodes before it's cancelled. What a waste of time.

May 27 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Boseman51

I think karas show will be like a In and Out Burger. Just that.

May 27 2011 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

Couldn't stand her arrogance on the talent show, so I'm glad she isn't going to be on the 'regular' channels that I watch. I most certainly agree with Cheryl and others. The woman is a parasite, just like Failin' Palin, always looking for camera time!

May 27 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

She is just like Sarah Palin.......full of herself, never goes away but makes LOTS of money being a BORE!

May 27 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

Just when I thought she had gone away........darn it! If Paula's show bombed so quickly, one would have to hope Kara's will disappear even faster?! I agree with the others here that this woman's biggest talent is her ability to annoy and beg for attention. She's been a party to several hit songs, so she should just go back in the studio and keep writing.....BEHIND THE SCENES.

May 27 2011 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cteckart

First of all, if you can't say anything nice then just don't say anything at all. Secondly, the question wasn't what do you think of Kara?, the question was "Will you watch?" Its a yes or no question!

Yes, I will watch.

May 27 2011 at 10:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Barb and Dani

I detest Kara DioGuardi. I would never watch her. I don't know anyone that can stand her. What could

Bravo be thinking?

May 27 2011 at 10:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jwiegand12

Who????????????

May 27 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dekcak

Sorry to hear this bad news. I, for one, did not like this lady and think she should be behind the scenes if she is so talented, not in front of the cameras. She was a poor judge on American Idol and likes herself too much. She is riding on someone elses coat tails. Bravo you are making a mistake.

May 27 2011 at 10:41 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply