October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kevin Bacon Got a Little Freaked Out When He Was Pulled Over for Speeding (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 26th 2011 4:30AM
Kevin Bacon, 'Late Show with David Letterman'There are advantages and disadvantages to being a celebrity. In a story he related on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS), we're not sure which was the case with Kevin Bacon. He was travelling cross-country with his two dogs when he got pulled over.

Bacon admitted that both times he got pulled over on this trip, he'd been speeding. But was it the speeding that got him pulled over the time he went into detail about, or was it his fame?

As Bacon explained it, the officer had him come back and sit in the police cruiser while he ran background checks and everything. While there he asked if Bacon knew why he'd been pulled over. Bacon admitted to the speeding and apologized, but the officer responded as if they were talking about something else entirely.

According to Bacon, the officer said, "Do you know that the first movie that my parents let me watch by myself was 'Footloose.'"

Now if you're Kevin Bacon, sitting in a strange officer's police cruiser in some remote part of the country, do you take this as a compliment? Or does it make you feel even more uncomfortable?

Joe

I would have rather have had Kyra Sedgwick in my car. She is my favorite actress and they make a great couple! They are both great actors. I love their movies and The Closer.

May 27 2011 at 3:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geo

Why would a cop ask you to sit in his patrol car, for just a speeding ticket?
Isn't that like, unjustified detention, or, a related kidnapping offense? Was it so he could say to his buddies later, like, "Yeah, had Kevin Bacon in my patrol car..."

May 26 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stabe

I know Kevin Bacon...seven times removed.

May 26 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
duncanstpt

He should have been arrested for all the awful music the 'Bacon Brothers' subjected us to.

May 26 2011 at 10:04 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Ed Tarrant

Strange! I was walking from LA many years ago (had no money for bus fare) a policman stopped and told me to get into the car, that an excaped convict looking like me had excaped? he then made me undress looking for scars (hesaid), I was just 22 years old, but he sure did check me ALL over (twice)...strange don't ya thunk?

May 26 2011 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Ed Tarrant's comment
glaimc863

I would be very uncomforatable, to say the least, and why was he going cross country with 2 dog's, where was his wife & kid's??

May 26 2011 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to glaimc863's comment
Matt Dougherty

I think the cop knew he Kevin Bacon, but the cop was probably looking for the EGGS !

May 26 2011 at 8:35 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
nad22551

If you're in a car speeding, I don't think the cop has the time to recognize someone-until you're actually stopped...

May 26 2011 at 7:38 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply