'Something Pitchy:' 'American Idol' Season 10 Ends on a High Note

by Hilary Rothing, posted May 26th 2011 2:36AM
We may not have been psyched about tonight's finale but a number of great performances and self-parodying clips had us clapping along and laughing out loud at this season 10 finale show. With no real drama surrounding the Scotty/Lauren race, the final hours of season 10 put the focus on a parade of fantastic guest appearances and performances. What other show can give you Tom Jones, Kirk Franklin, Judas Priest and Lady Gaga, all in the same night?!

Find out what myself, Rickey Yaneza (Rickey.org) and MJ Santilli (MJs Big Blog) have to say as we put season 10 to bed and look ahead at what's next for 'American Idol,' as well Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina, in this post-finale edition of AOL TV's 'American Idol' talk show 'Something Pitchy!'

ahmadmoulaei

hi how r u how dou do

October 31 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ahmadmoulaei

hi how r u how dou do

October 31 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharilee

If you want a female AI Winner, please for 2011, pick the ugliest male wannabes OR Better still pick all 12 females or dress up the male contestant as females. You will get your wish for a female winner for 2011. For those who compare Scotty to E. Alfred, and keep on repeating so, please remember this. if you are youngsters, one day you will also have families, What happens if your offsprings are worst looking than E-Alfred. God works his magic in many ways and for many reasons. Congrats SCOTTY, All my very best to you. I am very happy for you. I will be buying all your albums and singles. P/S: to the man in the middle of the above video. Scotty will be earning more than what you can work for 10 years. His carreer will be successfu.l Scotty opens his mouth, money will be rolling in and he will be laughing all the way to the bank. You??? You have evil thoughts in your small brain and filth from your mouth. How can you not be happy for him as an American. Definately Scotty's carreer will soar and definately he will be back to AI 2012 to perform. Watch out and eat your worlds.. All the best SCOTTY. Your fan from Malaysia, SEA.

June 02 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharilee

3) 3rd round:- For a contest, both contestant must be given songs that complement each other. If one contestant cannot move around for some drama, the song given to the competitor must be the same unless they were chosen by the contestants themselves. It never cross my mind that this song " I Love you this much" can be interpreted into so many ways. Further more, Scotty of course cannot move around due to the lyrics (with my arms open wide) so he had to stand still with a stand mike to perform. He cannot even dedicate this song to his mum who was in the audience. Whereas, Lauren's song "Like my mother Does" is more dramatic especially if your mother was in the crowd. So where was the fairness, America??? This round when to Lauren. And Lauren was declared the winner of this contest by the JUDGES. But I was happy that America did it RIGHT by voting SCOTTY in as the A.Idol FOR 2011. Remember this contest was televised around the world. Millions were watching it. Ryan was smart. He asked again for their confirmation. Randy said no changing. Then I read in an articlei n Ryan's blog: ""RANDY CHANGED HIS MIND"" IN THE EVENING OF THE RESULT. HE DECLARED THAT THE WINNER SHOULD BE SCOTTY. Who will be reading this article on the evening of the result. Everyone will be glued to their TVs. Right?? I read a lot in other blogs as though SCOTTY by winning the TITLE was robbing Lauren of the title. Furthermore I just cannot imagine how Scotty was feeli8ng througout the drama. Remember Scotty is not stupid. He is a very intelligent young man, with good looks, a TERRIFIC Voice which is very smoothing to the ears if you enjoy his music. For goodness sake, he doesn't have to run around to make his song heard. I enjoy his music as I do for others like jazz, blues, rock & roll, ago go, pure old country and I am not even from America. Is there any problem of having another " white man with guitar" being the winner, the 4th time in a roll?

June 02 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharilee

(1) 1st song: - GONE by Scotty was entertaining. FLAT on the FLOOR by Lauren was dull. Just a sing along. Only the music was nice JLo and Randy gave this round a SLIGHT EDGE to Scotty, (2) 2nd song Check YES or NO by Scotty was very good and convincing and worked the crowd, Lauren's song "Memphis" was not entertaining but was givena slight edge to her by JLo and Randy. The DOM gave this round to Lauren cos she was prettier. WTF. Do you expect Scotty to wear DRESS as well? Becos of this, 2nd round went to Lauren.

June 02 2011 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hastings Family

Congratulations to Scotty for the win. American Idol is not just a "voice" contest as many seem to think. It requires being an "all around personallity that has a beautiful voice". Laura Elaina had a good voice, but was bit an entertainer. Haley lost me completely during her hometown visit, when there were so many "blips" of dirty words. That is not befiting an American Idol and not a good example for our children growing up.

May 29 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
isuiz

This year's results were the only letdown of Season !0 for me. There's really nothing not to like about S & L but Haley and James would have been a much more exciting faceoff and all my other favorites were long gone. This year's finale show, though, was one of the best. Great star/contestant pairings like Jack Black and Casey, Haley and Tony Bennett and Beyonce and the girls were great TV. Casey,James, and Pia too showed some real comedy chops in the " Most Shocking" bit .The contestant's "thoughts about Scotty and Lauren" piece was hilarious."They're children", "They still got Similac on their breath". "Just go to the Prom". Beautiful. A show like this makes me forgive anything that didn't go my way this year. I'll be watching season 11.

May 27 2011 at 1:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to isuiz's comment
bubbycakes01

Sorry, I clicked the thumbs down button by accident.The voting was way off this year. I am depending on improvment for season 11

August 07 2011 at 12:18 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ms Daisy !!!

The first time I heard this extremely talented young man audition I was taken by his God given gift of song.
I selected him to be the idol winner and was in high anticipation from week to week, just to hear his vopce.
I shrieked when Ryan declared him the winner. I have listened to his song, "I Love You This Big" over and over
via the Internet and "I Tunes". Stay grounded Scotty, and trust in the Lord to order your steps. He will continue to
direct and Bless you. CONGRATULATIONS SCOTTY!!!

May 26 2011 at 5:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
AC Monroe ☮

Hillary, Ricky, and MJ, I am going to miss you guys like crazy! Your show "Something Pitchy" was the only reason I kept watch AI this year! I hope you guy will do a web show for the X-factor! I enjoyed every episode you made and I am sad to see you guys go. I hope I see you all again soon!

May 26 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ndsings

I voted for Lauren since my favorite, James, was eliminated. Scotty sounded the same on all the songs. I think Lauren was the better singer.

May 26 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply