August 21, 2014

Welcome to the New AOL TV!

by AOL TV Staff, posted May 26th 2011 11:43AM
Get ready for a new AOL TV!

Yes, we've relaunched with an easier-to-use site design, complete with a clean and simple navigation bar and brand spankin' new functionality to make reading up on your favorite TV shows even more fun and interactive.

We pride ourselves on having the best TV content on the Web. From TV reviews and recaps to interviews with the biggest stars and behind-the-scenes looks at the hottest shows, when it comes to TV, we've got you covered. Now, with our new design, all of that great stuff will be at your fingertips.

And that goes for iPad and iPhone lovers, too. We've launched new apps that are guaranteed to make your life simpler.

And listings! The TV listings grid has remained almost exactly the same since its introduction in 1953 ... until now. In the coming months, AOL TV will transform the familiar grid with a more dynamic viewing experience, including social check-ins, personalized channel lists, DVR scheduling and a new calendar view. All of this will make it easier and more enjoyable to manage what you're watching, find out news about your favorite shows and discover new shows. Stay tuned!

Keep reading for more info, then take a look around to experience these changes for yourself. We hope you like it as much as we do.

AOL TV FAQ:
Where can I customize my channels?
We've made it even easier to customize the channels you want to appear in your line up. Simply click the "Edit Channels" button and remove the channels you don't want to appear right from the grid.

Did you know that you can click n' drag the new TV listings?
Why scroll through hundreds of channels all hours of the day when you can click n' drag? This handy feature allows you to easily get to the right time and channel without wasting time with reloading the page.

What happened to filtering by show type in TV listings?
We are working on a new filtering system. We think it's going to be great so stay tuned!

I want apps!
Well, you're in luck. Besides the awesome new functionality around TV listings and show pages online, we've also launched iPhone and iPad apps so you can access the same great features, on the go. Download them for free, and don't forget to rate us and comment -- if we know what you're looking for, we'll know how to tweak them for your needs.

What happened to TV Squad?
Long story short, we've just streamlined a bit, making it easier for you to find all our great original content. Long story long ... well, this nifty infographic can explain the rest.

Welcome to the new AOL TV
(click image to see full screen)

Still have questions? Hopefully searching the site will give you answers to everything you want to know. If not, leave your question in the comments, or click the feedback link at the top right of your screen and we'll be happy to help you out.

And don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@AolTV & @AolTVnews), like us on Facebook, subscribe to our AOL TV Tumblr and update your bookmarks to take you directly to AolTV.com.

Happy TV watching!
-- the AOL TV team

ginny1953eaton

Help! I clicked on a program listing for more info and the box came up. Now I can't get rid of it. ??

July 20 2014 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
di162

Same problem here. TV listings are not loading. Nothing but a white screen. Been going on for 3 days now. Liked the old listings better. Never had this problem.

January 20 2014 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Georgette

I liked the old way much better

Who thought this way would be better, I hate it.

January 18 2014 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SEVENHARMONIC

While I am on a rant about HuffPost, let me just say that their news is the last word in news. The writers can not get the news correct. That is to say that the subject matter is incorrect because the writer does not understand the subject matter. And finally the all time bonehead move is failure to get the story title to match the body of the story.

January 31 2013 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SEVENHARMONIC

AOL TV HuffPost TV Listings is a piece of **** that never loads properly. Perhaps by calling it a piece of **** someone at ********@Large will do something to correct a problem at many have complained about & have not gotten a plausable answer much less a fix to the problem.

January 31 2013 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joncobugos

Same deal here. One day my local TV listings are there but not edited. The next day I see nothing but a blank white screen. Then another day I actually get the fully-edited local listings. Sometimes they tell me they're "Building My Listings". Then any combination of the above on any given day, in no particular logical order, and that tells me that AOL is tinkering with their TV website again.

And, yep, when I give them feedback all I I get is a generic response that has nothing whatsoever to do with my current problem.

Basically, you never know what you're going to get anymore when you sign into AOLTelevision. And it's been that way for a long time. My advice is to use the IMDb TV listings, instead. They're always up and running.

September 08 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Commgb

I just sent went to "send us feedback" on the AOL TV Listings site (for the 3rd time), and this time pasted the link to this page in my comment, telling them to look at all the people who are complaining the TV listings doesn't work. Probably they'll just send me their automated feedback email again. I get the impression that nobody at AOL TV is even reading the feedback they receive.

September 08 2011 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I bookmark my tv listings place and when I go back the next day I only get a blank. Also, why would you have the closing of a window process (double sideways chevrons) different from every other window in the world...very wierd and the sort of thing that gives aol a bad name.

September 06 2011 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crats12

And it still sucks. The old one was better.

September 03 2011 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle & Este

I can not get the TV listing at all. There is no grid just a blank space & I have wasted close to an hour trying to bring it up. I expect more from AOL!

July 05 2011 at 8:42 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply