November 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Former Stripper Ieshia Moss Fails to Impress on 'So You Think You Can Dance' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 27th 2011 12:54AM
Ieshia Moss, 'So You Think You Can Dance, premiereSummertime means a new season of 'So You Think You Can Dance' (Thu., 8PM ET on FOX). And a new season of 'SYTYCD' means a new batch of crazies in these early audition rounds. One of the more memorable contestants in this season's premiere was Ieshia Moss, a self-described former stripper.

"That's [where] my booty-popping comes from," she explained before breaking into her routine. It did include a lot of booty work, but what it was missing was dancing.

"I totally understand how that works great in gentlemen's clubs. But on this stage, I almost needed a little more," Nigel Lythgoe said, before quickly adding, "When I say that, I meant of dance style."

Maybe it means we're a little twisted, but we still love seeing that balance of trainwreck dancers next to the true talents. Our argument is that every bad dance makes us appreciate the good ones even more. And we're sticking to it!

melanie

I feel sad for her and I hope and pray that she will meet Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior.

June 02 2011 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelley

OMG... she is one ugly "human?"

May 29 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
markoshop2u

OMG !! WOW!! She looks just like the first lady !!!...lol

May 29 2011 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
markoshop2u

Wish Simon Cowell was a judge on this performance...His response would be priceless !!

May 29 2011 at 5:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
christine

omg she is so freakin ugly !!!

May 29 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mary

Booty poppin is what my dog does when she is outside trying to go poop.

May 29 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
maxee

letting this woman test does a complete disservice to the other competitors and to the audience as that is 6 minutes we will never get back and irreversible damage to our retinas

May 28 2011 at 8:37 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
crescensioc

I think she did good,If you all take in consideration that maybe she did not reherse her part. God bless her.

May 28 2011 at 8:41 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Maggie Greer

does anyone know the name to that song that she was dancing to?

May 28 2011 at 2:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gaspartx

She is ugly, untalented. An insult to all strippers.

May 27 2011 at 9:57 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply