September 1, 2014

Paget Brewster Returning to 'Criminal Minds': Report

by Chris Harnick, posted May 29th 2011 9:00AM
Paget BrewsterPaget Brewster is returning to 'Criminal Minds.'

Brewster and co-star A.J. Cook made headlines last summer after CBS axed Cook and reduced Brewster's episode count for season 6.

According to Deadline, with Brewster and Cook returning to the series, recent addition Rachel Nichols has been let go.

In December, Brewster was reportedly asked to rejoin the cast as a full series regular, but she turned down the deal to do the comedy pilot 'My Life as an Experiment.' However, NBC passed on the pilot.

Last year, news of Brewster's reduced deal and Cook's dismissal sparked fan protest. Viewers took to the web and started Twitter campaigns and petitions.

After fan outcry, Cook returned to wrap up her character's story. Later in the season she made an appearance to help shepherd Brewster's character off the crime drama.

Brewster has been with the series since its second season. She plays foreign language expert Emily Prentiss.

With Cook and Brewster returning and Shemar Moore recently signing a new deal, the only loose end for 'Criminal Minds' is Thomas Gibson. The 'Dharma and Greg' veteran is still in talks with CBS. Deadline reports he received a warm reception from international buyers at recent screenings, so a deal is likely.

Are you happy Paget Brewster is staying on 'Criminal Minds'?

Michele Hyde

personally, my favorite character is penelope garcia (vangeness(sp?)). i don't if i would watch the show without her. paget's role is very much like el's, but penelope's is unique.

September 13 2012 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
palojo1

Who picks these guys?? yikes

November 17 2011 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Gigliotti

for paget brewster.hello paget ,my name is jim gigliotti orlando fla.How are you.I emailed you on C.M. email page,I have not gotten a respones.So i am trying this site.I was asking about your last C.M episode ,yourt thoughts ,eta.i have sinse seen that you are back on C.M by the way.I am happy you are.I hope you are too. Any way, I thought it was really sad Plaease respond with any comments you have.Mostly I just want to make sure you are even getting them.I hope to hear from you Jim Gigliotti.

August 04 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Gigliotti

August 04 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Craz y This Is

Sweet. I was hoping, desperately!

July 05 2011 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goldenoes

yes, i'm very happy she's coming back and that AJ is also. They make a great team and I will be much happier watching Criminal Minds now!!!

June 29 2011 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julieblues

Hi Peace, Gideon hasn't been on CM for years. As for me, I would love to see him come back

June 08 2011 at 12:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to julieblues's comment
Craz y This Is

Mandy Patinkin, 'Gideon', chose to leave because he felt the show was too violent. He was, "The Best", but he will, sadly, never be back.

July 05 2011 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peace

I knew when they had JJ meet with that gal (whose face they did not show, but whose hands I recognize) that Emily was coming back, and then just last week or the week before? JJ returned...very cool
Unfortunately I think Gideon has run his course with CM...

June 07 2011 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheri

I am so very happy. I was hoping they faked her death because they didn't
catch that guy who was to have killed her. So I guess they will have to catch
him or kill him before she can come back, right?
This cast is the best with them back, why would they let either of them go?
Everyone loves JJ. Come on Thomas sign on the line so the writers can get to
work to bring Emily back, we already saw what JJ is back.

June 07 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr.D99

The show was better with Paget and A.J. Not that Rachel was that bad but her character had no spunk. That you blaim on the writers not the actor. Give Tom the money. The spin off program was not that good.

June 07 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply