September 16, 2014

Haley Reinhart's Original Song Cut From 'American Idol' Finale for Bono

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 1st 2011 10:30AM
Haley ReinhartWhen Bono comes a-knockin', ratings come a-flockin', and not even an original song from 'Idol' fan favorite Haley Reinhart is safe.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Haley Reinhart was supposed to debut an original song during the 'American Idol' season 10 finale, but those plans were squashed to make room for Bono and the cast of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.'

"That was going to happen," Reinhart said when asked about performing an original song. "And then Bono came in and it was taken away."

However, Reinhart didn't sound too upset about the change. During the finale, the 'Idol' contestant was able to sing with the legendary Tony Bennett.

"It was absolutely amazing," Reinhart said about her performance with Bennett. "He made it such a comfortable experience. He was just very cool, calm and collected. I was just in shock a little bit."

In the end, Reinhart seemed at peace with having her song cut. "Everything happens for a reason, so it's all good," she said.

Tell us: Do you think it was fair to cut Haley's song for Bono?

Watch highlights of Haley's time on 'American Idol' below.

Roger Sanchez

I don't think it was fair to the public audience to inform them that Haley will be showcasing a new song of her own a week in advance after I made a choice to NOT watch the finale due to her not being in it (she was/is excellent); I only watched the finale because I heard she was going to sing - the ONLY reason - definitely a low-blow to fans of Haley like myself to be used that way...And no, Bono (nor anyone else) should be treated just like anyone else: I see no reason Haley couldn't sing a song just because Bono was there...Crazy sh!!te!...Another thing, I'm certain this was a stunt made by Idol press because they knew all the Haley fans were stating online they weren't going to watch the finale - with their being 90+million votes cast during Haley/Scotty/Lauren - these are just VOTES, NOT individuals!...I'm certain that Haley voters might have had the least amount of votes because we weren't at our computers voting hundreds of times as a single voter (I voted six times for Haley that night, but had to get back to my life)...Scotty fans probably voted an average of 100 votes per person, and Lauren's fans were probably 70 votes per person (lame!)...If this is the case, and if the votes were actually controlled to ONE per person, I'm certain Haley would have beat them both...I'm certain that's why Idol staff were making a rumor that she would sing an original song so that we would tune in...Lame guys, lame!

June 11 2011 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry T

American Idol never intended for Haley to sing,they knew if they said that she was going to sing, they would gain back every viewer the lost after Haley was eliminated,just like the little stunt with Laurens voice, they again used Haley & Lauren to get in more viewers.it wasn't Bono that brought the viewers in,it was the lie.
Scotty and Lauren do not deserve fans that are so hateful and disrespectful as the ones here,Haley, Lauren and Scotty are close friends and do not have a bad thing to say about one another, I know that Scotty and Lauren would prefer to have fans that are respectful and caring as they are and would never have nothing to do with the so called fans that disrespect their close friend Haley Reinhart.
Don't believe me....ASK THEM YOURSELVES.

June 10 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
broadbigfeiia6

Haley, SHOULD OF WON. SHE HAD THE BEST VOICE AND STAGE PRESENCE OF THEM ALL!!! SHE IS ALSO GORGEOUS!!!!

June 08 2011 at 4:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole Ann

I absolutely agreed with the results and will buy Scotty's album as soon as it comes out. I don't particularly care for Bono so I would have enjoyed a new song but I was suprised that Haley stayed longer than James. I thought that James and Scotty would have been the final 2 so I really was shocked when he left. Everyone seemed to think Scotty was voted in by teenagers but I'm a great grandmother and I voted for him and so did all my friends..

June 05 2011 at 5:34 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
whitwatr

I wonder just how big Scotty will be?, I thought Haley was a new exciting kind of entertainer and Scotty was good but just another country singer nothing special. Oh well, I guess America was just going for average and not new and extraordinary. Good Luck to Scotty , wish him well but probably wont buy his album.

June 04 2011 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lishu Zheng

Finally (48 hours) time limit to buy.

LV Muffler $ 5.99
LV Bags $ 19.9
LV Wallet $ 6.55
Armani Glasses $ 5.99
LV Belt $ 6.9

Buy addresses-
--- tntn.us
Tips (48 hours after the special product is invalid)

/'/.../..../...../ˉ\
........('(...′...′....ˉ~ /')
.........\.................'../
..........\................../
............\..............(
.......

June 04 2011 at 9:36 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
lishu Zheng

Finally (48 hours) time limit to buy.

LV Muffler $ 5.99
LV Bags $ 19.9
LV Wallet $ 6.55
Armani Glasses $ 5.99
LV Belt $ 6.9

Buy addresses-
--- tntn.us
Tips (48 hours after the special product is invalid)

/'/.../..../...../ˉ\
........('(...′...′....ˉ~ /')
.........\.................'../
..........\................../
............\..............(
.......

June 04 2011 at 9:26 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
overit

Hum...do I think it was fair to cut Haley's song for Bono? A big 1000% YES! And, Tony Bennet would have been better by himself. Sorry, just saying.

June 04 2011 at 12:12 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
bubbamcd

I thought James and Pia would be the top two, with James taking it. Pia was certainly better than many of those that followed her. Haley was glamorous and talented, but for some reason seemed to draw bitter remarks from some of the judges. Judges comments certainly have an effect on voting and in some cases actually cause a backlash.

June 03 2011 at 6:06 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Faulk Family

james. scotty, and haley were the three most deserving. i preferred james and haley but if you like country music, scotty was decent.

June 03 2011 at 11:25 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply