September 18, 2014

An Exclusive Peek at the New Season of Syfy's 'Haven'

by Maureen Ryan, posted Jun 1st 2011 3:20PM
HavenWhat's going on in the sleepy Maine town of Haven? Quite a lot of nutty stuff, judging by this exclusive peek the second season of Syfy's 'Haven,' which returns July 15.

Later today, I'll post a long list of summer premiere dates you should know about, so consider this an appetizer of sorts. Syfy, AMC, USA, TNT, FX and other networks have a lot of scripted fare coming at us, and though I haven't seen new episodes of 'Haven,' I'll be sure to check it out when Syfy sends advance DVDs.

Come on, I have to -- Jason Priestley will guest star (and even direct) in the second season of the spooky drama.

I not only have a soft spot for the former '90210' star, I actually think he's actually a pretty good actor. So sue me.

This season on 'Haven,' which is based on a Stephen King story, cop Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) will delve deeper into her mysterious past, and will continue to investigate residents of the town, which is a refuge for those with supernatural powers.

Good Day Joey!!!

I HAVE BEEN CHECKING LISTINGS WEEKLY WAITING FOR THE NEXT SEASON. HEY IT'S SCEDULED TO BEGIN NEW SEASON ON MY BIRTHDAY. PRETTY COOL.

June 08 2011 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
teeandgi

That's it? I thought you'd have more to say about Haven. It seems like forever since it's been on.

June 03 2011 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M C B

Awesome! Can't wait for the new stories to come out. Lourdes was right, it did start out a little slow. However, it was never confusing like some shows. They don't pack too much information into one hour. We love watching and can't wait until July 15th. I love Jason Priestly. He is so cute and a great actor and director. Thank God Haven is coming back to TV. My daughter is dying for some Haven. So am I! :)

June 02 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lourdes Tolentino

Haven is one of the best summer shows. Yes, it started out pretty slow, but it got so much better and by the end of the season I just wanted more. Everything improved, from the writing to the performances. Great job there you Haven guys!
I'm sure season 2 will be amazing and full of surprises. And we won't sue you... I also believe JP is a good actor.

June 02 2011 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen Lawler

I seem to remember you giving Haven a negative review when it premiered...though possibly I'm confusing critics. But did the show get better over the course of the season? Worth checking out?

And speaking of Siffy originals, do you ever watch Sanctuary? When it comes to cheesy and sweet, there's nothing I like better (well, post season 1 anyway, even I have my limits for cheese). Kind of the spiritual heir to Stargate, IMO.

June 01 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Karen Lawler's comment
teeandgi

I like Sanctuary too but it's nothing like Stargate. And it certainly does have a fair amount of cheese to it (which is part of why I like it I guess).

June 03 2011 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply