October 22, 2014

'Clean House' Not Canceled, Just Moving to New York

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 3rd 2011 4:20PM
Niecy NashWhy is Niecy Nash tweeting that 'Clean House' has been canceled? According to a 'Clean House' publicist, the show is "alive and well."

When Nash was asked on Twitter if she would ever return to the Style Network series, she responded: "No :( its canceled."

On the contrary, said a 'Clean House' rep -- it's true the show isn't currently in production in Los Angeles, but that's because it's getting ready for a move to New York.

"After helping more than 200 families in the LA area, we are gearing up to begin filming the show in NY and give the East coast some much needed clutter clearing help," the publicist told AOL TV. "At the moment, we are not in production in LA, but focusing on pre-production in NY."

Niecy Nash Twitter

Nash left the series in Dec. 2010 and was replaced by former 'Cosby Show' cast member Tempestt Bledsoe, who will not host the New York version.

The makeover show features a team of experts redoing homes of people with serious clutter issues. Each year the show would also hunt for the messiest house for 'Clean House: The Messiest Home in the Country.' This year, 'Real Housewives of Orange County' star Vicki Gunvalson is lending a hand to the messiest home selection.

Fan reaction to Nash's tweet news has been mixed, with many saying they stopped watching when Nash left the series. One person tweeted: "@NiecyNash What??? Clean House was cancelled??? That is sad. Although truth be told, I did stop watching it after you left."

"@NiecyNash OMG they cancelled Clean House?? WOW!," another wrote, "I hope they rerun the show or I have no reason to watch the Style Channel."

For more on Niecy Nash, check out a sneak peek of her wedding special, 'Niecy Nash's Wedding Bash' (Sat., June 4 at 8PM on TLC).

Madagooga

I hate the new show in New York!!! Where is the "real" Clean House crew?????

November 10 2011 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

I'm glad they are cleaning up homes in New York, without Temptress, because she was way too boring . I don't know why she even attempted to host this type of show, and try and to fill Niecy N. shoes... Sorry Temptress! :~(

October 25 2011 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrianne Gant

I really missed Niecy Nash on Clean House. I stopped watching because she made the show interesting.

August 23 2011 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ldyqtee6

The show puts things into perspective. While not everyone can leave in a house that's so clean you could eat off the floors, not everyone lives like total slobs wondering if they lost a kid or two in the mess.

I like the show but I don't think people should then be given interior makeovers. Hoarding: Buried Alive makes more sense. Some of the people on "Clean House" were certainly deserving of the help. The single moms, the single dads for example.

Niecy brought an energy to the show that no other host has brought (not to take away from Tempestt nor others). Niecy even personalized it by having her mom as one of the people who needed to clean house.

June 06 2011 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vicki

I couldn't make it thru one episode of this show. Nash is so loud and obnoxious, viewers can't concentrate on the show. She has some kind of wedding show coming on soon, which looks interesting, but I won't watch because of her involvement. I know they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease - I guess they get their own tv shows too!

June 06 2011 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vermont66

why can't anybody spell? cancelled has two ll's.............come on America................this is sad

June 05 2011 at 7:53 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to vermont66's comment
wmccars

Michelle Obama looks just like Aunt Ester on Sanford and sSon.She evens dresses the same.

June 05 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to wmccars's comment
syl1969

Trouble keeping on topic, I see. You should be able to afford Michelle's clothes! Jealousy will get you nowhere..

June 05 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dexter

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can see it. LOL

June 05 2011 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eblisster

Awesome!! Come on by MY house! LOL!!

June 05 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hi bev

You have your hands full if you are planning on cleaning up ny

June 05 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
donna

cannot stand that woman neicy. she's fat and she's loud. she has zero command of the english language and i am not amused by her stupidity and/or inability to master the english language. why do these productions continue to hire morons. it's not funny anymore and children and teens think it's cool and emulate this behavior. if you cannot speak properly, you should not be rewarded with a television gig. it's that simple.

June 05 2011 at 6:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply