April 20, 2014

'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Returning for Season 7

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 7th 2011 5:30PM
Doctor Who'Doctor Who' will be back for a seventh season, with current Time Lord Matt Smith in tow. The Guardian confirmed the news.

The series has been picked up for 14 new episodes despite rumors indicating no new episodes -- just four specials -- would air in 2012.

A "good chunk" of the new episodes will air in 2012, the BBC said.

"The new commission is a big commitment, not many other shows have such a commitment so far in advance," a BBC spokesman told the Guardian. "We do not know yet how many will air in 2012."

Season 6 of 'Doctor Who' has aired 7 episodes this year, with the remaining six scheduled for later in 2011. This season was the first time BBC America broadcast the series (almost) concurrently with its parent network in the UK.

Tell us: Are you looking forward to more 'Doctor Who'?

CYNDI

Oh I so wish they would do a new transformation. I miss David Tennant! I gave it a year with Matt Smith and still, yuck.

June 28 2011 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chudleycannonfodder

That's nice, but if it stays on BBC America there's probably no chance I'll get to see it until 2013 (at the earliest); I really wish BBCA would be available from ANY cable carrier in my area. Seriously, not a single carrier....

June 09 2011 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kjcomments

Ahem.....wooooohooooo!

Sorry - yes, I'm happy. Season (Series?) 5 was the first Doctor Who season in a while that I completely adored from beginning to end, and I'm loving this season as well. Happy that I'll get another season with Matt Smith...I'm not ready to say goodbye to his Doctor just yet!

June 08 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris M

Acttually....http://www.combom.co.uk/2011/06/karen-gillan-unofficially-confirms-amy.html

I'm all for new companions, but no complaints i guess

June 07 2011 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ferley

The Doctor's companions come and go. That is what makes this show great!

Fringe is like Doctor Who if anything. The doctor has been around since 1963.

June 07 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shadowracer

I can't believe I only started watching this now. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sci-fi series? It's like Fringe...only completely different. I'm not going to make a judgement on either, I;'ll just say I like both of them.

More please.

June 07 2011 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
328698277

I could do without Amy and Rory, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon

June 07 2011 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jae Risk

awww no more Amy and Rory?

June 07 2011 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply