August 29, 2014

Josh Duhamel to Make Farewell Appearance on 'All My Children'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Jun 7th 2011 7:04AM
Josh DuhamelSome good news for soap fans already mourning the loss of ABC stalwart, 'All My Children' later this year. Josh Duhamel, who got his big break playing con artist Leo du Pres on the soap, has agreed to return for a cameo appearance this summer.

According to 'Entertainment Weekly,' Duhamel will appear in an episode in August, and there's a chance that he could even appear in a second episode before the veteran soap bows out in September.

Leo died (or did he?) back in 2003 trying to save Greenlee (Rebecca Budig) in a waterfall accident. However, death -- as we all know -- is no impediment to soap opera comebacks and as Leo's body was never found, we'll now get to find out what he's been up to all these years.

Duhamel won four Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actor in 'AMC,' picking up the award in 2002. By returning to the show that made him famous he's following in the footsteps of other illustrious soap veterans like James Franco and Julianne Moore.

Franco's stopped by 'General Hospital' several times, playing the dangerous performance artiste known as "Franco." Oscar winner Moore got her start on 'As The World Turns' in the 1980s and revisited the soap before it went off the air in 2010, playing the dual role that won her a Daytime Emmy in 1988 -- half-sisters Frannie and Sabrina.

Maybe now that 'AMC' producers have Duhamel onboard they'll be able to lure back other alumni such as Sarah-Michelle Gellar and Christian Slater for a farewell before the lights go dark in Pine Valley.

tdsmitty3

Why? Is there a different Elizabeth on General Hospital. I didn't know the real Elizabeth was leaving?

June 16 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snowbd1056

hate abc for cancelling all my children and one life to live. i for one will not be watching the new shows that replace them. there are enough talk and reality shows as it is.

June 10 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Bad idea to take show off the air. Get new writers instead!

June 10 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
walterharry

Hello. As a longtime fan of AMC, I will miss the soap. Recording it every day, I liked watching it early evening with my Jack Daniels. I'll continue my early evening cocktail as I switch to cable shows. Happy retirement all!

June 10 2011 at 10:15 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Love America

If Katie Couric is going to replace "all my children " I will not watch ABC any more. She had the lowest ratings of any major networks. Why?????? do U think any one would watch her now. You are destroying the Senoirs hasppiness.All I can say is ABC you will be at the bottom of the networks if you cancel ALL MY CHILDREN

June 10 2011 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Love America

I would love to see a bad guy named Billy back. Why????? can't AMC "All my children " stay on air. It certainly isn't because of Commericals. Many friends are truly up-set about this. I said voice your opinion and they said ABC or whomever will not listen to the public. This is the worst mistake in History....

June 10 2011 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
landsby2

You have decided to delete AMC from your lineup. I have decided to delete ABC from my favorite channels list. Obviously there are alot of people outside your "demographic" who will no longer watch your network, or buy any products advertised. And we will not forget. Good luck with your stale talk shows.

June 07 2011 at 5:21 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

Who are the top dogs at ABC listening to? They are making some rediculous decisions and they will pay for these stupid decisions with the loss of viewers for ABC. They are losing me, and what is funny, in the day is they were my number one channel. How can anyone think that Katie can replace Erica? Stupid stupid stupid

June 07 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
leetoniarandy

ABC has been on my s--t list for several years now. They have some of the best shows then they cancel them, I have ionly recorded shows but will not tune in live during prime time because of this. I have been watching AMC for 40 years and it was the only soap I ever watched. Sometimes it gets stale, and I don't like people coming back from the dead 3 or 4 times but I have remained loyal. I donot watch any talk shows and I don't understand why they think we need more of them. Thank godness I have direct tv so I don't have to watch them. They ought to diband the major broadcast networks and get into some more cable style shows, where life is a little more real.

June 07 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
laxidaysikal

Vote with your remote control and shopping dollars! We are old enough to remember when we used to boycott products to get the companies to behave. It's time again! DO NOT WATCH the replacements for your favorite show! DO NOT BUY the products promoted on the new shows! They don't care what we think, they only care what we SPEND!

June 07 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply