November 26, 2014

Eva La Rue Returning to 'All My Children'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 9th 2011 11:00AM
Eva La RueWith cancellation imminent, the stars are flocking back to 'All My Children.' The latest? 'CSI: Miami' star Eva La Rue.

According to TV Guide, La Rue will return to Pine Valley as Dr. Maria Santos Grey this July. La Rue joined the show in 1993, left in 1997, returned in 2002 and then left in 2005. The actress recently stopped by the soap in 2010 to celebrate the show's 40th anniversary.

Besides La Rue, Josh Duhamel, whose character, Leo du Pres, is "dead" on 'All My Children,' will return for at least one episode. Duhamel's Leo was last seen plummeting to his death in a waterfall accident. However, his body was never found.

Look for Duhamel in August, with another episode possible before the September series finale.

Thorsten Kaye and Cady McClain are also returning to the soap.

The TV Guide report indicates many other stars may be booking return trips to Pine Valley to pay homage to the series that gave them their big break. Could Melissa Leo and Sarah Michelle Gellar be waiting in the wings?

ABC is replacing 'All My Children' with 'The Chew,' a one-hour food/lifestyle program.

Tell us: Do you want more stars to return to the soap?

Liz

People have asked why SOAPNET doesn't pick up these soon to be cancelled shows. I believe these shows are produced and taped by ABC. SOAPNET leases the taping to show later in the day. I guess that's how it works.

June 12 2011 at 6:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
danthedefecator

It's just a stupid TV show, look out the window u idiots, there is a whole world out there!!! Feed the poor, pick up trash, bird watch, for God sakes do something besides rot ur fat lazy asses away on the couch mourning a stupid soap!!! The world is going to hell quickly, Iran has nukes, obama is bankruting us, hell, worry about that!!!!!

June 12 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to danthedefecator's comment
Liz

This is exactly why we do the soaps. It takes our minds off real life occurances and allows us to relax and think about what so and so is doing to that person, and what that "he said - she said" incident will boil into.
It's only for an hour or so a day. We work all day giving our all to our jobs, we come home and fall into KP, then it's kiddie homework and bath time, then hubby time, and then your bed time - only to get up tomorrow and start it all over again. We female members of society need some "ME TIME". We give to everyone but never take time to do for ourselves. Is that one or two hours per day too much to ask for ourselves? Mind you, during that short "me time" we still answer phone calls, answer our children's questions and give them that needed attention, and don't forget about hubby when he can't find the sox that are always in the same drawer. We put our show on hold to take care of these things. That is also during the time we take to touch up our nail polish, give ourselfs a facial, or throw that pile of laundry in the machine. So if you see us trying to enjoy a couple of minutes of a TV show, let us do it without comments.

June 12 2011 at 6:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
broadbigfeiia6

This makes me sick, ABC you do not know what you are doing!!! I have watched these 2 shows since a 17 yr old teenage boy, now 47 thirty years watching these shows religiously. I adore both these shows and the characters have been like family almost in a weird way. ABC , not WINING

June 11 2011 at 4:17 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jelybe1

I'm so upset that they are cancelling AMC and OLTL. They also cancelled Brothers and Sisters. I went to ABC.go.com/site/contact-us and sent my opinion. They sent me a form response that they don't have time to read all the comments people send. So why do they have a contact address on their site? I've been watching these shows since they started. I watched w/ my mom and grandma and daughter--even my husband! When I worked, I taped it or watched it on Soapnet. I won't watch a cooking show or whatever you replace them with. I don't like reality shows. I want my soaps. I hope another network will pick them up. I'll change to that station.

June 10 2011 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rdhtmoma

once AMC is gone from ABC so am I.... horrible mistake they are making!

June 10 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stacy31c

PLEASE BRING MARIA AND EDMUND BACK TO ALL MY CHILDREN!

June 10 2011 at 6:15 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
gerry1413

Ditto for me Sandy. I have watched AMC and OLTL since its inception. I feel like I'm losing many close friends. I will never watch "The Chew". NEVER!!! It could never fill the vacuum that AMC & OLTL will leave.

June 10 2011 at 5:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

I am VERY upset that ABC is cancelling their soaps. BIG MISTAKE!! I have been watching them for decades, being strickly loyal to ABC. I will never watch a show called "The Chew". There are too many shows on the air of that type.
Looks as though I will have to switch networks and get to know their soaps. I feel AMC, OLTL, and GH are my family. I love each and every character. They are such wonderful actors, they don't deserve to get the boot. I tape them on the days I am work and watch them later. Can't believe ABC would go against the polls and take those wonderful shows off the air. PLEASE, PLEASE RECONSIDER AND DO NOT CANCEL THEM!!!!!!!!!

June 10 2011 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jean293

ABC, who is running the show? Do you really think that cancelling AMC is going to get you more fans? It is only turning all the loyal AMC fans against your network. Can't you see that?

They say one written response is worth a hundred. I think in this case, it is worth thousands! Wise up, shape up, and keep AMC on TV.

June 10 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Have HAPPYSPRING

Hi Guys... I am old enough to forget a lot of our family on ALL MY CHILDREN. It makes me sick to think a talk show CHEW could take the place of my favorite shows. GOD BLESS all who did a swell job of entertaining us all. BIG KISSES and hollering HUGS!!

June 10 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply