September 2, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Check Out a Deleted Scene From the 'Louie' Season 1 DVD

by Jean Bentley, posted Jun 10th 2011 12:30PM
LouieThe second season of 'Louie,' the FX comedy from standup comedian Louis C.K., premieres in two short weeks. But if you can't wait until June 23 for your fill of cynical (but hysterical) musings on parenthood and New York City life, AOL TV is here to help.

In this exclusive deleted scene from the Season 1 DVD set, available on DVD and Blu-ray June 21, Louie puts his parenting skills to work as he begs and pleads his youngest daughter to apologize for her tantrum. It's nice when we see his softer side, no? Observing the prickly comedian's vulnerability is one of the show's most endearing traits.

'Louie' Season 1 comes out on DVD and Blu-ray June 21.

Fred Garvin

Haters gonna hate. The show has met with critical acclaim and was included in various 2010 and 2011 top-ten lists. C.K. was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series as well as Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series for the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards. The third season has received very positive reviews, scoring 94 out of 100 based on 16 reviews on Metacritic.

August 15 2012 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bfgry484yerhdbv

Great. Another stupid ass show on the air.

June 11 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kris

"Louie" is a great show from a great comedian. The poster who compared the show to "Everyone Loves Raymond" is so far off base, he's in the parking lot. "Louie" was not meant to be a remake of "Raymond". As great as "Raymond" was "Louie" is comedy gold!

June 11 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

If they do not mind at that age. You will be calling the law on hr when she gets older. Like I had to this morning on my grandson. Lids now days don't have any respect for anyone and they will do as they dam please as long as parents are not allowed to punish them. I can not make him do what I asked so I made a believer out of him this morning. He is not allowed to shack up with his girlfriend on my property till they are married. She thinks because her grandpa is a Barney Fife wantabe, she is above the law. I showed her her grandpappy has no jurisdiction here. I am the law and if they do not want to listen to me. I will have both of them banned from my property. How much more violence will it take before the law realizes that if parents don't or can't make the kids mind then they will all end up in jail. I know getting spanked when I grew up taught me to respect my elders, even now that I am the elders and I refuse to let him or anyone else disrespect me. Not many people are older than I am now.

June 11 2011 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jcgreenleaf

This show is garbage.
It is about a moron who has based a simple minded sit com on his stand up comedy.
A "Everybody Loves Raymond" he/it is not.
I forced myself to watch two more shows, just to give the show the benefit of the doubt.
Poor writing, poor acting, and devoid of anything artistic.
Pure unadulterated garbage.

June 11 2011 at 10:26 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
runswthscisors40

When I think of Louie, I think of Louie Anderson (who should have his own show.....Stand Up Boot Camp would make a hilarious reality show.......and if it ever shows up on TV, I'm taking the credit here and now.......)......Louis C.K. should have just named his show C.K. to avoid any confusion

June 11 2011 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ie41969

That was good why delete the truth!

June 11 2011 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply