November 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jim Carrey Gets Personal With Selena Gomez on 'The Tonight Show' (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 10th 2011 5:10AM
selena gomez, jim carreyWe learned a few new tidbits about perky starlet Selena Gomez thanks to a visit from Jim Carrey to 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC).

Couched between Leno and Carrey, Gomez chatted about her rise to fame and her, er, friendship with Justin Bieber.

With the 'Mr. Popper's Penguins' star butting in on her interview every few minutes, Gomez revealed that her favorite Jim Carrey movie is 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' (classy pick, btw, Miss Gomez) and, even though her star is rising, she's not going to let Hollywood turn her into an insecure, image-obsessed headcase who tosses her cookies before photo shoots.

The 'Wizards of Waverly Place' star, who graces the cover of the latest issue of 'Teen Vogue,' said she feels uncomfortable posing for glamour shots. Carrey's oh-so-serious response: "Do they make you vomit?"

Thanks, Jim, for saying what all of us were thinking. Well, okay, maybe it was just you.

alshasoto

Okay...............It appears no one here knows who this young girl is.....and creepy she is not. She is on a kids, teen show...'.Wizards of Waverly Place', and does a darn good job. She is very funny on it, her character is comedic, so I gather she has a sense of humor. And she is a very beautiful girl...creepy, seems like a bit of jealousy in that description to me. (Justin Beber fan not liking that he is dating this beauty....is it?) This is one of the few kid shows I can watch with my daughter and not get bored out of my mind or sickened by the boyfriend/girlfriend theme constantly. Anyway, I never heard she was anorexic.....I bet Jim Carrey did not either. And as crazy as the man is, I think if he knew about it he would not have said it. What I understood from his comment, it was about the modeling......get it....models try to stay skinny any way they can, even if it means throwing up. Sometimes I wonder about the people who respond in these posts. I wonder if they actually read the story they are writing about.

June 11 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hi ruthie

If the media would Stop talking about. All of the murdering people, saying there name . It wulud help . To have the media focus on nicer things

June 11 2011 at 4:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bertha

no comment just chillying 1st dayout of school

June 10 2011 at 11:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kenny Miller-Gass

None of this was funny, my cat's stools are funnier.

June 10 2011 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Littlebear

Everyone knows that Anglo women turn into trailer park redneck trash with 10 kids and a toothless
black lover in tow. Skanks

June 10 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Littlebear's comment
Christi

Bid Cactus is a scam

June 10 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wpor0cc

SHE IS A TALENTLESS, NASTY BEANER

June 10 2011 at 1:05 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
Patricia

His velied remark dealing with her past eating disorder, was out of place and very inappropriate. Too bad she didn't call him out on that.

June 10 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claud

Well, Carrey's about half nuts anyway...............

June 10 2011 at 10:34 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Regina Benson

I guess I'm slow! What did Carrey mean by that question?

June 10 2011 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Regina Benson's comment
arvig

@Jean: He doesn't mean a thing. He was just asking the first thing he could that might get a shocked or funny reaction from her. Or if it didn't shock her, might get a quick comment back that would be amusing. That's all I think.

June 10 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hernrole

Jim Carrey is todays Red Skelton, don't know the young girl, he should butt in ,, he's funny, good clean fun, rare anymore, simply the best

June 10 2011 at 9:40 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply