July 23, 2014

Sarah Ferguson on Hitting Rock Bottom and Her New OWN Show, 'Finding Sarah' (VIDEO)

by Jean Bentley, posted Jun 10th 2011 2:00PM
Sarah Ferguson, Finding SarahWhen Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, was caught by a British tabloid last year trying to sell access to her ex-husband, Prince Andrew, she was sure she'd hit rock bottom.

The natural inclination after such an embarrassing incident is usually to slink as far away from the public eye as possible, but not for Ferguson -- instead, she decided to document her redemption in a six-part documentary series on OWN (premieres Sun., June 12 at 9PM ET).

It pays to have famous friends -- Ferguson told AOL TV that it was Oprah herself who suggested she film a show for OWN. After the jump, watch Ferguson discuss 'Finding Sarah,' which follows the Duchess as she seeks the assistance of self-help gurus big and small, from Dr. Phil and Suze Orman to a shaman and a horse whisperer.

Tell us: Will you watch 'Finding Sarah' on Sunday?

LAURA J

oprah helping yet another foreigner!! Guess no one born in America measures up!!

She's gone....Good!! This loser wont help her ratings!! lmao rotf

June 19 2011 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TRECIA

I would rather hear from someone who hasn't stumbled, than from someone who 'fell from grace', then wants to tell the world 'now not to make the same mistakes.' She may be wanting to tell the world 'why' she did what she did, but the basic reason is she wanted to sell out someone for her own gains. That personality trait is still imbedded within her, and it will take a lifetime for her to overcome those tendencies. What a person acquires in those first years of life, the basic instincts, will prevail. Not too many people step over those basic instincts.

June 11 2011 at 11:21 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Rosemary

Yes, it sounds wonderful. Thrilled so many helped her find her way back!

June 11 2011 at 8:43 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
WBSIMB

First of all, I thought it was extremely bad for the Queen NOT to have her at William's wedding. Why? Because it HURTS HER CHILDREN--THAT'S WHY! You always think of the children first. But not that Queen. She didn't hurt Sarah as much as she hurt her precious little princesses as the Queen probably feels they are. I think they wore those ridiculous hats to hurt the Queen, sitting behind her in the church like that, knowing they'd be on camera! How shameful not to ask their MOTHER. Maybe their Mother is not perfect but it's still THEIR MOTHER!

So the Queen hurts her granddaughters in order to follow some stupid protocol.

Number two--She and Andrew still love each other. You can see that. Sarah just cannot live that Royal life. I couldn't either!!! I remember her saying that... It's an unreal existence, ridiculously hard to live with being scrutinized every second by the unforgiving British Press.... I am hoping WILLIAM will change this somewhat when he becomes King. I am hoping William will bend the rules more and RE:LAX that darn Monarchy!!!

When you HURT THE CHILDREN, IN NOT INVITING THEIR MOM TO THAT WEDDING--THAT'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE! SHAME ON THE QUEEN!

Can't wait till William and Kate are King and Queen... i believe they will make the Monarch more into like a MONACO!

A more MODERN MONARCH--which it desperately needs. I get that the Queen has done well in many other areas. I get that--But it's sooo time for her to step down and at least let Charles get in SOME time as King. That woman has made an idiot out her son, Charles, by having him just wait and wait and wait. he' of grandfather age and he's still waiting---He's soo subservient to his mother the queen, that he looks weak.... This is why he married Diana, whom he never loved, instead of standing up for who he wanted, which was Camilla! Heck, I didn;t like Camilla as much as Diana, but that was not for us to decide! CAMILLA WAS WHO HE LOVED AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MARRY THE WOMAN HE LOVED!!!! He should have STOOD UP TO HIS MOM ON THAT!...But no..Charles is weak...

So for Petes sake QUEENY,- step down and give your MAMSY PAMSY LITTLE BOY CHARLES SOME DIGNITY BEFORE HE DIES!

As you can see, I DON'T like the Monarch... It desperately needs top be modernized. There's no way Sarah would survive in the family...Heck, Diana got the hell out. There's no way a modern woman can survive it all.. Kate is the closest one to anyone I've seen that just may make it--But here's why?
WILLIAM IS HIS OWN MAN THEY SAY----- HE BUCKS THE SYSTEM AND DOES THINGS HIS WAY! This is WHY Kate will make it----Charles and Andrew kissed their moms butt all the time. They were wimps, while William's his won guy!

The Queen is up in age now...His dad will have a short reign...Pretty soon, it's all going to be Kate and Williams!!!!
God bless King William and Queen Catherine! It's going to happen and when it does, England will smile like she's never smiled before.

June 11 2011 at 8:17 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mikekojima1

Best of luck on this Sarah. It's tough enough with any job but one that involves dragging out your personal life must have been horrendous. I hope the viewers and readers of this column realize what it took. Obviously there are many other easier ways to make a buck.
Kudos to Oprah again for stepping out. Hope it works out for all of you.

June 11 2011 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
itctravelntours

what a bunch of self righteous ugly people we are...is it that much easier to think this way? Sad for us....

June 11 2011 at 8:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wutangusa

Redemption is Bliss...Sarah is still richer than me...get over it girl...hang tough, carry on..we're all tired of your blubbering.

June 11 2011 at 8:04 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
sugakanes

We Americans have our own "Fergie".... and I'd rather watch and listen to her and the Black eyed Peas,,anytime!!

June 11 2011 at 7:59 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rcalmwaters

Becki
It makes me sad that so many of the comments submitted here are so harshly worded and judgemental. I would/will watch Sarah F. I love a good redemption story. I have my own as do I'll bet many in this good "Christian" nation of ours. No holier place on earth than where an old hatred (of self possibly?) has turned to love... I am a "Course" girl. Thank you again Oprah.

June 11 2011 at 7:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
kiki daniel

she is a a pathetic woman who screwed herself up royally...now our savior oprah needs rating and on goes the foolish saga...iam not a royalists..we have so many good people in our own country who have lived good and fruitful lives lose it all due to other circumstances and get on with their lives..we here in usa do not need another sob story....she will be paid big bucks and there will never be enough..andrew is over with her..get over this fergie we in american do not give a rats ass.....

June 11 2011 at 7:57 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply