April 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Army Wives' Season Finale: A Sad Farewell and Uncertain Future (VIDEO)

by Catherine Lawson, posted Jun 13th 2011 9:55AM
'Army Wives' Season 5 FinaleIt was time to say good-bye to 'Army Wives' (Sun., 9PM ET on Life) as Season 5 drew to a close Sunday night.

And it was also time for the characters to bid a sad farewell to life as they know it: The 23rd Airborne Division is being disbanded and Fort Marshall will be closed.

In 'Farewell to Arms,' Season 5 ended with an emotionally charged toast from Major General Michael Holden (Brian McNamara), who told the assembled guests at the ball that "The 23rd does not die with you Rather, it lives on through you. ... It is our legacy. Be proud of it."

So, what next for the 'Army Wives'? Where will they be transferred? What does the future have in store for them? Will their relationships survive the strain of being apart?

The good news for fans is that 'Army Wives' will be back for Season 6. The bad news is, that we'll have to wait until Winter 2012 to see what happens.

Dani

wow it sucks now who are all the new people on here season 5 it started to tank it sunk.

July 25 2012 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janicemcclure04

Unfortunately, what started out to be a fairly decent program to watch has fallen to the same store, different character script. It has become stale and boring. As with other comments, to have yet another show with homosexuality thrust down my throat, is neither appealing nor smart for producers, or sponsors for that matter of such a program. I have seen my last of this show and will boycott the sponsors.

July 24 2012 at 2:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
makingapointcares

I have become a avid watcher of army wives. I love the show and look forward to it every week. Your show has become a favorite of many people expecially those in the military - you have put into words what many families go through and I believe it is a eye opener to many who have no connection to the military - that there are many trials that military families go through that "civilians" have no clue of. HOWEVER, I do not like homosexuality being shoved down my throat! It is not the norm in the military even if the "don't ask, don't tell" policy has been removed. i believe that there are many many others who feel as though I do and if you continue with this story line you have started you will loose a large part of your viewing audience and you will end up like most of the other shows who have done a similar story live - a has been. Ihope that you will quicky put an end to the homosexual story line. I will miss your show if you don't.

April 30 2012 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to makingapointcares's comment
debstarrett

Like you said, they do a lot about pointing out things that other people not connected to the military might not know or understand, why should this story line be any different? You are giving the show kudos and then throwing this up as a "I won't watch anymore IF" How about the gay or lesbian couples that watch the show or what about the ones that don't like the drug abuse story line? This is a great show, no ifs ands or buts. If on the other hand you want to stop watching it I can find someone to replace you as a fan which if you were a true fan you would not say do this or else.........

August 26 2012 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charles and Tina

love army wives what will happen to claudia

April 03 2012 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth

can't wait for season 12!! i love Army Wives!

January 27 2012 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
I Love Papas

Winter 2012?!?! Please say that means jan/feb of 2012 and not A year from now,that would be outrageous!

November 15 2011 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesslynn031205

I am so ready for season 6!! Army wives is awesome. I hope they use the same characters. It won't be the same without them! This show has been an inspiration to me in so many ways. My brother is in the army and it helps to see how strong these families are and the adoption is amazing. I possibly can't have children and at this point Joan's struggles with the new son keep me hopeful. Love this show!!

November 13 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LORETTA

I am so happy that Army Wives is coming back for Season 6. This program is a tribute to our armed forced and I am so thrilled and proud of its message.

September 26 2011 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber Renee Tichenor

I AM 24 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN WATCHIN THIS SHOW SINCE SEASON ONE AND HAVE NOT MISSED ONE EPISODE! ME AND 4 OTHER OF MY CLOSEST GIRLFRIENDS GET TOGETHER AT ONE OF OUR HOUSES EVERY SUNDAY AND WATCH IT TOGETHER!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW, I THINK IT TOUCHES THE HEARTS OF MANY AND TOUCHES HOME WITH ALOT OF AMERICANS!!! I REALLY HOPE THIS SHOW KEEPS GOIN AND I WILL DEF. KEEP WATCHING IT!!!!! I

August 03 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MC_in_BigD

Winter of 2012? I'm thinking we might be surprised and see it show up in either Jan, Feb, or Mar 2012. That "technically" is winter 2012 according to the calendar. Other than Survivor, this is the one show that the wife and I truly enjoy together. This is our soap - please don't kill it.

July 31 2011 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply