December 20, 2014

'CSI' Is the Most-Watched Show In the World

by Jean Bentley, posted Jun 13th 2011 12:30PM
CSI, Jorja Fox, Laurence FishburneIt appears the inability to change the channel during daylong procedural cable marathons isn't just an American phenomenon -- how else can you explain the news that 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' is the number one most-watched TV show in the entire world?

For the third time in the past four years, 'CSI' received the International Television Audience Award for a Drama TV Series at the Monte Carlo TV Festival, Zap2It reports. That means the CBS series had the highest ratings across five continents and 68 countries in 2010 for an astounding 73.8 million viewers, according to Eurodata TV Worldwaide statistics.

The crime-solving series will see several changes as it heads into its 12th season. Star Laurence Fishburne opted not to renew his contract after two seasons with the show, and after a long reign Thursday nights at 10PM, 'CSI' is moving to Wednesdays at 10PM. It'll be paired with CBS stalwart 'Survivor' and the crime drama 'Criminal Minds.'

Tell us: Do you still watch 'CSI'? Are you surprised it is the number one show in the world?

fdghfhd

=== alibabiz.co =====

Our company is your best Choice

"1* Top quality, reasonable price

2* With boxes and tags

3* SHOE Size available: US8/8.5/9.5/10/11/12/13/14/15

4* Payment Terms: Paypal and Credit card,western union

5* Prompt & Safe delivery: EMS, TNT, DHL, Fedex, UPS 5-8days delivery time

6* Small order available

7* )bulk order, more discount

8* Suitable for most of people, due to wholesale price

9*Our products are of top quality, selling to the USA, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and Australia"

welcome you to visit our site.: === http://alibabiz com =====

June 14 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladycict

I don't care for CSI anymore. I did in the first 5 seasons. However, the story lines changed. What did it for me was the miniatures that "Grissom" was involved in. I watch CSI:NY also but love CSI:Miami the best. I too am surprised that the world isn't watching NCIS. I think it is too early for NCIS:LA to catch on. I do wish that Criminal Minds and its spinoff would go away. They are way too graphic for my taste. If we were voting I would vote on canning those mindless sitcoms. Aside from that, I spend a lot of viewing on CBS, none on the other major networks.

June 14 2011 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maureen

Last time I looked, the Mentalist has been on Thursday night at 10:00 pm, like for the last 2 years???

I also love CSI (I prefer CSI New York, however). Criminal Minds is my favorite. I hope that CBS doesn't mess with the line up again. They did this year and I miss a few shows I loved because of it.

June 13 2011 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Haiyan Zeng

June 13 2011 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Haiyan Zeng

Better re-runs of such quality than first runs of the usual crap.

June 13 2011 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
realdoug45

never watched it

June 13 2011 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abbahl1954

Kactus Annie
I have watched CSI since its beginning. It is an incredible viewing experience. Great cast and story lines. Always leaves you guessing. Congratulations to CBS for the fine quality of its programming. Also kudos for NCIS and NCIS N.Y. Love re-runs of all three. Better re-runs of such quality than first runs of the usual crap.

June 13 2011 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie

WHAT? Isn't NCIS AND NCIS/LA SHOWN all over the world? Can't be true that ANY show can beat NCIS.

June 13 2011 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trish

I will watch CSI if I have nothing else to watch, at the rate the TV stations are going 'll be watching more of CSI. I think it's a good show, good story line and good acting, but I prefer my other shows over CSI.

June 13 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
natasha3

I watch CSI every week. I record the afternoon shows as well. It is still one of my favorite shows.

June 13 2011 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply