November 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed Display Unraveling Relationship on 'Today' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jun 13th 2011 1:15PM
Shannon Tweed and Gene Simmons on 'Today'Kathie Lee Gifford asked Gene Simmons Monday on 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM on NBC) if he were in "deep pooky." There are all sorts of slang definitions for that word, and we're assuming Gifford did not mean Garfield's beloved bear. But Simmons is in deep trouble, if his longtime partner Shannon Tweed's responses in Monday's interview are any indication.

The interview centered around Simmons' infidelities, starting with a photo of him with other women. "Oh, kill me now," Simmons said, fiddling with his collar. Tweed looked angry to be there. Hoda Kotb asked Simmons about his assertion that he didn't know the women except from that photo. "Please," said Tweed. "What he means is he didn't know their names."

Tweed said the relationship has pretty much unraveled, but in the interest of the upcoming season of 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' which details the situation, she didn't want to say too much. "I don't want to give away everything," she said, "but it's not looking great."

Adeline Letour

Hello all,

I think many of you ask yourself, what if i had the password of my friend / girlfriend / boyfriend, associate, life partner, etc,to know the truth about your near partner, and reassuring that they do not hide you something.

You have the right to be reasured !

For all that are in need of this kind of services We come to your aid, feel free to contact us on our mail for any information, we will be happy to help you

"Owning the information, means having the power "

drpasswd@yahoo.com

September 17 2012 at 4:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grimesclrcbg

Dear Shannon, I'm black and I'm proud, BUT at this moment you top my proudness, I knew if anyone could tame that Wild Stallion Gene Simmons, it had to be you. I'm happy happy, happy, for you. Way to go girl. Love, love, to you and Gene. "GOD please Bless this entire family".

September 02 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smithsmthnsmit

My first thought is that Shannon seems like a truly sincere person. But part of me thinks there may be a little bit of manipulation behind it. This story i hung in until the kids were at college seems alittle far fetched. I understand what she means and have heard of people doing this, but not when there not married. She may have been hanging in there for the perks also! mabe for fear of losing her kids to his money! mabe another reason! But truly when it comes down to it i think she truly loves him and visa versa! I think they should stop nit picking each other, keep going to therepy (that doctor is exellent) stop the cheating and enjoy their life, because we all know they know how to do that! All the power to them. Also, GET MARRIED.....Gene GROW UP.....Shannon keep being shannon!! You are a great women!

July 27 2011 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
decker225

Publicity stunt or not, I am sure millions would love to be the son or daughter of Gene Simmons. There are millions of young people just barely getting by or not making it at all. How many people get the opportunity to have a father that can provide the material goods and the business smarts that Mr. Simmons can provide for his children? Is it safe to say, many cannot? Face it, those kids as well as Shannon Tweed need never worry about having a roof over their head and a good one at that. Am I saying that is enough? No, it is not and most of us will never have ALL our needs met. Welcome to life. Please read on.

Is Gene a perfect father or boyfriend? He is not, nor is anyone else for that matter. Yes, I am sure there are far better fathers and far better boyfriends/husbands than Gene. Is it right that he may possibly cheat on Shannon? To that I say it is not right and if he is cheating and he wants to say in the relationship, it should stop. Shannon appears to be a lovely person as well as an excellent mother and it would be just plain nuts to lose her over bimbos.

Gene is a very driven businessman and if his family members are going to try to stop a man like Gene creating business deals so he could be home more often, I don’t think Gene’s internal makeup can allow that to happen. Yes, there will be family events that will be missed due to being a businessman and a being a Rock Star; the concerts are not local very often and business deals involve travel. One may say, Gene has enough money and should quit and spend more time with family. OK Gene, do spend some more time with the family; family is important and you have a beautiful family. So a few less deals might be a good idea; maybe your son could cut a deal or two for the cause.

Getting back to the money, even if he does have plenty of money, why should that be a concern? Maybe he gives a ton of it away and even if he does not, Gene provides jobs and there are plenty of people who need people like Gene to provide jobs. If there were not the Gene Simmons and the Trumps of the world, many people lives would be adversely affected just due to the fact that there would be less food on the table for them.

No, Gene is not the perfect boyfriend or father, but a family could do a whole lot worst; I mean really, really worst. I wish the Simmons family all the best and I know a meeting of the minds can be worked out.

June 17 2011 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

Peel back all of the rock star and "reality" show layers and what they are going through is very real and significant to many of us. We have all seen simular scenerios on TV, but what sets this apart from others were the impressive therapy scenes with Gene. The therapist really asked some great questions and said some great stuff. VERY REAL! Now I'm entertained and educated by Family Jewels. Now I'm looking forward to the next show to see what the doctor says!!!! I even checked out her website - drannwexler.com

June 17 2011 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brainslug

Yes, but she has enabled his behavior for HOW MANY YEARS??? If she's through with the buls#@t, that's fine, but she needs to take ownership of her role in this little debacle.

June 16 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gagusailor

Gene Simmons needs to grow up and quit trying to play the sexy desirable rock star. Shannon Tweed has been loyal to
Gene Simmons for over 20 years and she deserves some commitment from Gene Simmons. Drop your ego and pride Gene before disaster tears your family apart.

June 16 2011 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gagusailor's comment
Marina Lister

I agree, gag...his days as a rock star are long over, and nothing is creepier than an aging middle-aged man ogling young women... and I'm talking about you, too, Howard Stern!

June 16 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gngrbsmi

If this is indeed all scripted, Shannon Tweed has never gotten the credit she deserves as an actress, or maybe she never worked w/such good writers before! Sadly, however, this may be a true crises.
As adults mature (or in some cases, if) and go through life's phases evaluating one's situation is normal. They're now empty nesters, and the children on which she has focused for the past couple of decades are gone. It’s quite plausible that the cumulative emotional damage caused by the image Gene chooses to project has finally gotten the best of her. His statement , “I don’t like anyone telling me what to do” sounds like something a bratty three year old or idiotic 13 year old adolescent would say. Believe me, I’ve had both, and I wouldn‘t choose to live with either indefinitely! That he feels compelled to publicly strut around with what appears to be hired “hos” looks like an ongoing middle age crises. He’s becoming a parody of himself.
Personally, I derive comfort from knowing my 13 year old’s frontal lobe will eventually, fully develop, and she’ll emerge as a wonderful young adult, as happened with my other children. So, I Guess we’ll have to see what develops with the Simmons/Tweed clan as this “Family Jewels” season unfolds.
P.S. Shannon, I’m in your corner!

June 15 2011 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bulletinboardsn

I found their body language on the talk show very interesting. She's putting him down strongly but yet her upper body is leaned into his shoulder. Gene on the other hand by the end of the interview has turned AWAY from her completely. Initially he started shoulder to shoulder and I think as the interview progressed with her slamming him (and rightfully so) he started slowly turning away so that eventually she has to twist her body and he was turned fully away from her. See the clip again - her shoulder trying to turn into his was the first thing I noticed. Nah, it may have been a normal regular fight (after all he's been doing this for years) and it's been revved up for the cameras AND to get their ratings up. If she split from him, Radar online and every online service would have picked it up. They smell blood in the water, they'll be camped at the front gates.

June 15 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
finister1

This is fake it's pathetic. It is obvious they are trying to pump up a sagging show.

June 15 2011 at 7:51 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply