April 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Geeky 'Geechy Guy' Cracks Up the 'America's Got Talent' Judges (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 15th 2011 2:14AM
geechy guy, america's got talentThe 'Geechy Guy' put a whole new spin on the phrase "comic timing" on 'America's Got Talent' (Tue., 8PM ET on NBC).

Claiming to be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for telling more than 676 jokes in one hour, the bespectacled comedian sped through a hit-and-miss set of cheesy, self-deprecating gags and one-liners during the show's Seattle auditions.

Perhaps recognizing a kindred soul, judge Howie Mandel couldn't stop cracking up through Geechy Guy's set. "You're funny," Mandel told the fledgling star, who was visibly sweating through his suit.

Sharon Osbourne was equally impressed with Geechy Guy's crowd-pleasing comedy, as she gave him a pass to the next round of competition. What do you think, folks? Is Geechy Guy bound for comedy stardom?

iam4hotrods

THAT GUY IS A FILTY JOKE ANYWAY SAD SEE .PRETTY GIRLS SHOULD KNOW BETTER . NEVER FIGURED WHO WAS WORSE UGLYER MICK JAGGER OR HIM HA HA ! I USE TO LIKE SHANNON BUT SHE RUINED HER SELF WITH HIM WONDER HOW MANY STD`S SHE HAS AT LEAST ONE FOR AVERY DAY THE YEAR . DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THIS CRAP IS REAL ANYWAY GOD HELP US THIS PERVERTED WORLD AN PEOPLE LIKE THIS . THEY WILL NEVER BRAKE UP BUT BE NICE IF ONE WOULD GROW UP OR GO TO HELL TAKE YOU WITH THEM CAREFUL .

June 15 2011 at 4:29 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Ted

why not? like a souped up rodney dangerfield

June 15 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jr796

This guy is a regular on the Bob & Tom radio show also, VERY FUNNY!

June 15 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bandicoot5

Yeah, he's hardly a newcomer. I've seen him before, YEARS ago. He was funny then. He's funny now. But isn't that show for new talent? (I admit, I've never seen it, or Idol, or the dancing one...) He's toured around. He has gigs. Letting him and other "established talent" on the show is like filling it with ringers. The "nobody yet" talent has no shot.

June 15 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom's Mom

I thought he was funny, my 24 year old son also thought he was funny. AGT is the only "reality" show we watch, nice to see that other people have a chance to showcase their "talent". Seems most of the "talent" shows are for singers.

June 15 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Just looked him up. He was named the Las Vegas 2011 Comedian of the year. He has been on Jay Leno 3 times and many other TV shows. He even has his own show already in Vegas. He is hardly an off the street nobody trying to get his big break. As soon as he came on stage I said to my wife that I had heard his name before. You cant give a guy a show in Vegas who already has a show in Vegas.

June 15 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Brian's comment
rsvg1955

I saw him in the late 80s or early 90s on Ed Macmahons "Star Search"

June 15 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rsvg1955

Not True,, I looked that up and the comic of the year (Best of Vegas 2011) was CARROT TOP. Not one mention of Geechy Guy. He was however on Star Search in the late 80s or early 90s

June 15 2011 at 8:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rsvg1955's comment
rsvg1955

I take That back. He was Las Vegas Weekly's comic of the yewar. But not the Official "Best of Las Vegas" My Bad

June 15 2011 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Beth Hebert Shuler

Wasn't he on the Gong Show back in the day?

June 15 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Beth Hebert Shuler's comment
rsvg1955

STAR SEARCH IN THE 80S OR EARLY 90S

June 15 2011 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi Johnny Rotten

I remember watching him on HBO, twenty years ago... He was funny then and he's funny now

June 15 2011 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
N2

That guy was really funny. If he got some coaching he'd be great.

June 15 2011 at 12:17 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
ednyou

Please ..... the guy sucked. This is supposed to be a competition to decide who will be given a Las Vegas show. If this guy actually won, someone would have to pay me to sit through his performance.

June 15 2011 at 11:11 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply