October 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Sarah Ferguson Tells Jimmy Kimmel She Cleaned Urinals on Her First Trip to the U.S. (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 15th 2011 4:06AM
sarah ferguson, jimmy Kimmel LiveSarah Ferguson dropped by 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (Weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC) to chat about her new documentary series, 'Finding Sarah,' and about her humble beginnings.

The Duchess of York didn't start out her life as a part of the rich and famous Royal Family. She was a "regular kid," as Kimmel said, who had to pay for her first trip to America by cleaning "urine-alls" or, as we Westerners call them, urinals, or toilets in Squaw Valley.

Ferguson had to hold down three jobs at one time to fund her travels, and her past gigs included escorting children to the ski lift and heating up strudel in a strudel house.

If I were a more critical viewer, I'd say that this little conversation proves that hustling for money comes naturally to Fergie, but, of course, then I wouldn't be accepting the humble rags-to-riches narrative she's trying to sell here.

richar5795

Oh poor baby...of course knowing she had a rich family back in the mother country. The rich and elite occasionally like to 'get their hands dirty' so they can say they did some work like common folks. She is trying to make out like she came from an ordinary living from pay check to pay check family....what a crock.

June 15 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Living Legend

I'm suprised she can even do that...you know those royality types, like our politican, can't do anything by themselves. They always have someone else do their dirty work....

June 15 2011 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi MaryAnn!!

That' probably the only honest work she capable of doing to earn a living. Nothing wrong with that.

June 15 2011 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kv37

I like to listen to Fergie talk, but I think she is a bleedin drama queen.

June 15 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

Poor baby had to clean toilets, BOO, HOO, HOO. That's the first job that I had where I was employed. I worked hard and eventually moved up in the company and became an inspector, but first I had to prove myself. I worked for over 30 years, invested wisely, and retired at 53. Not bad bad for a toilet scrubber !!!!!!

June 15 2011 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jean

Both of these females turned out to be trashy as h--l. I will never forget fergie lying on the beach while some man
nibbled on her toes. yuk

June 15 2011 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mhulsey190

What ekse is she qualified to do?

June 15 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mhulsey190's comment
Gary

Who knows? Maybe spell correctly !!!

June 15 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gordie2324

Poor, poor, poor Fergie. Screw the royals - she should thank God that she is not living out on the streets. Get a modest place and live with it. Hate wealthy people who moan.

June 15 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply