November 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Gene Simmons Family Jewels': Shannon Walks Out on Gene (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 15th 2011 1:44AM
gene simmons, shannon tweed, gene simmons family jewelsIt looks like Gene Simmons' wandering eye (and hands and, er, other parts) finally caught up with him on the season premiere of 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Tue., 10PM ET on A&E TV).

Simmons' long-time partner Shannon Tweed confronted the KISS rocker after spying an online photograph of him cavorting with a pair of blonde babes while he was supposed to be at a "business meeting."

Tweed wasn't joking when she told TV Guide that Season 6 would "show lots of warts this year." After grilling Simmons about his night out, a tearful Tweed said that she was "sick" of living with Simmons and headed straight for the door.

Looking more clueless than ever, which, admittedly, is pretty hard for him to do, Simmons wandered around his ginormous home looking for his departed love before picking up her 'Dear John' letter.

It was a rough start for the season, which promises to chronicle the ups and downs of Tweed and Simmons' complicated relationship. And the drama and tension between the couple has even jumped to other shows, as evidenced by the couple's recent cringe-worthy visit to the 'Today' show.

Deanna

The "FamilY Jewels" show is staged, but I do think it is a lesson for young woman. Don't let a man live with you and don't have his children without the benefit of marriage. If a man loves you and respects you, he will want you to marry him, and he will want his children to be his legitimately. Statistic show that couples who live together, even if they later marry, have a bigger failure rate of staying together than those couple who don't live together before marriage.

July 26 2011 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hankmanns

Think about it people. Today's reality shows have become "made up" drama. Ratings only last for so long and this is the the new formula with TV Execs to keep a show going...make S*** up! Hey, I'm amused and I'm kind of entertained by this when there's nothing else to watch. The Simmons get a lot of money from this show and they want it to continue. C;mon, if the family were going through a real "the family's breaking up" scenario, they wouldn't be able to do it on camera. It's would be like, "Get that camera out of my F***ing face!"

July 16 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sixmkx

I like this show and I HATE reality shows and am not a KISS fan.....Shannon is a great mom and the kids are smart and engaging and not in the news acting like spoiled brats....Gene is messed after a bizarre chilshood no doubt and suffers the "I'm -A Rock Star God" syndrome so living with him has to be hard yet he has a deep love of family.....

July 06 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fisher2737

My feeling is that after them being together for 28 years and still not married, and due to the fact that she is getting older and seeing him with the younger women, it's getting tougher for her all the time. I saw the picture of him with a young lady on each arm, but i don't see that as "cavorting". I saw one of his shows about a year ago, in which he was given a polygraph test. If i recall, he came out of that 100% clean. She was happy with the results and so was he. I'm sure he's watched closely everywhere he goes, and if the ONLY pic is of him walking with 2 women, she should chill out. Everything else i have seen of their family life seems to be just great. A superstar like him can't be expected to just sit home, not to go to any meetings etc. They might have been clients, we have no idea. Even though i didn't know who he was a few years ago, i still give him the benefit of the doubt, since any other credible accusations haven't come out.

June 20 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thundersstruck04

A 12 inch tongue can only keep an aging Playboy Playmate around so long.

June 17 2011 at 6:26 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Wow, if all the people who commented below are so jaded about the show why are they here watching the video at all. Whether or not the walk out was staged, I think they are both really great people with a wonderful family. I wish them all the best, and I for one enjoy the show.

June 16 2011 at 1:00 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jimmy

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

June 16 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bleweyes528

The ratings are down for the show...so I guess they had to think of something to get viewers!!!! But I would have left that selfish...ugly beast years ago!!!

June 16 2011 at 10:12 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
yachtsmyline

He's a pig......she's an idiot.......its all very sad.....

June 16 2011 at 10:08 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bluemachine

This is all pre-planned, edited and staged to create some extra buzz and ratings. "What will happen next?? Will Shannon leave Gene?? Stay tuned for the next episode!"

June 16 2011 at 8:30 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply