November 24, 2014

'Falling Skies' Ratings: Big Debut for TNT

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 20th 2011 6:00PM
'Falling SkiesFalling Skies' was watched by 5.9 million viewers, making it the highest cable premiere of the year.

According to TNT, the alien drama from DreamWorks and Steven Spielberg was seen by 2.6 million adults in the 18-49 demographic and 3.2 million adults 25-54.

'Falling Skies,' starring Noah Wyle and Moon Bloodgood, is set in a world following an alien attack.

"The enormous success of Falling Skies demonstrates what can happen when you partner with the best people in the business and give them what they need to do their very best work," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and TCM, said in a statement.

"TNT's 'Falling Skies' is an exciting, fascinating and often moving story made possible through the magic of DreamWorks Television, an incredibly talented cast led by Noah Wyle and the vision of one of the greatest storytellers of our time, Steven Spielberg," he said.

Missed the premiere? Check out Maureen Ryan's 'Falling Skies' review.

dnnnoguchi

Slow as molasess and never really gets going. Who in the world are the writers for this domestic sappie bunch of dribble.... housewives? The show has potential but should stick to more alien activity and attacks with less family scenes. I defiently give it a solid thumbs down. If I want dribbly drama, I will turn on'Days of our Lives" or "General Hospital". Not near enough action, just a big build up and then a giant big time flop! What a nothing burger bun this series has been! Everytime at the end of each episoide, it equals a BELLY FLOP!

August 07 2011 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lawman

Way too slow and not enough believable action for me. Not realistic, like a "B" rated film.

July 04 2011 at 1:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mcwhomper

wasn't v enough for the sci-fy geeks the show sucked

June 24 2011 at 8:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
noseynosemeister

****

Holy Crap dude, don't you have a DVR? You make such a BIG deal of this when all you need to do is fast forward through the commercials. It takes 5 seconds.

Overall, the show wasn't terrible. Just a little boring and drawn out in places. If the aliens are basically everywhere, why can the cast of this show just walk around outside like it is a normal day? I'll keep watching though....

June 24 2011 at 12:46 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to noseynosemeister's comment
dnnnoguchi

You sure nailed that one on the button noseynosemeister, whey to much commerc crap on every channel and its getting worse every season. D Noguch

August 08 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ric

It wasn't awful, just a bit boring. The deal breaker for me was the absurd number of commercial breaks. It became so annoying I turned it off after the first 30 minutes. The idea that the producers of this show saw it as an opportunity to pummel viewers with ads every few minutes was offensive. Even if that changes with future episodes, I'm already done with it.

June 22 2011 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

Why does every show about the end of humanity or invasion have to have a sugary sweet moment? I can take the unoriginal ideas and rehashing, but showing me how you have included all ethnic groups and stereotypes is a bit ridiculous as well. There was no thinking for me in this episode, nothing compelling about these characters, and no I didn't care about the children. No mystery or suspense or whatever to make me want to tune in.
Hurry up and set some flares!

June 21 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bougainvillea

It was basically "The Walking Dead" with aliens in place of zombies. Oh, and less interesting lead characters. I mean, the outlaw subplot and their highjacking of weapons was straight out of the third "Walking Dead" episode.

June 21 2011 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
enectrixx

@Alvin & Big Al & peach2man: I can't understand how you people can call this show bad. It has an interesting story, characters that are easy to get to know (even if they're a little too two-dimensional at this point) and it's set during a post-apocalyptic alien invasion. Eventually all ideas are going to be reused and mixed up formulas of old ones - there just isn't that many original ideas, but that doesn't mean that something isn't interesting to watch. Sure, it's got some plot holes like how the aliens didn't see them and so on but I'm sure they'll explain them later in the series.

June 21 2011 at 6:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alvin Anderson

Falling Creativity. Could this show be more un-original? Spielberg has run out of new ieas and is jus rehashing all his old plots and storylines along with a very common apocolyptic format. It's War of the Worlds, rehashed along with Spilelberg's ever present wiide eyed child format. The aliens look like the ones in Super 8 and War of the Worlds. Add Terminator and it was unbearbly redundant. I was snoozing after 20 minutes. Spielberg has run out of new ideas--He's just mixing up old formulas and senarious from all his old films. I wonder if ET will show up? Maybe "Bruce' the big rubber shark from Jaws 1,2,3,4.....

June 21 2011 at 2:07 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Big Al

Enjoy the ratings, I doubt you'll see them next week. This show was beyond bad.

June 21 2011 at 1:54 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply