October 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Affair Exposed on Season Finale of 'Nurse Jackie' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 21st 2011 6:58AM
'Nurse Jackie'If you haven't seen the season finale of 'Nurse Jackie' (Mon., 10PM ET on Showtime), what are you doing reading this? You should probably click on something else or look quickly at that picture of Jackie over there. She looks pretty shocked, doesn't she?

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

What's shocking to her turned out to be shocking to us as well, when Kevin finally confronted her about what's been weighing on his mind all this time: The affair.

It was only one moment that Jackie's back was against the wall. The other was in the form of a urine test HR insisted all the nurses take that will unequivicably expose her drug problem. With that looming, she was ready for Kevin.

Only, she wasn't ready at all. "You can't just step outside a marriage and f*** someone else because things got hard and expect the marriage to survive," Kevin said to her. And then he dropped the bombshell. "I had an affair."

What? Kevin had an affair? Holy crap, that look on Jackie's face is both shock and some quick calculating. Talk about an easy exit strategy.

"Pack your bags," she told him. Free and clear and once again, Jackie gets away scot-free. As for that drug test, well the Chief took care of that one as well, discarding Jackie's urine in a snub to HR.

So Jackie gets to go into Season 4 with a whole new freedom in her life if she truly severs ties with Kevin completely. But how long can she keep up her out-of-control lifestyle before it turns around and bites her?

JBob250

i disagree with the spoiler hubub. I read the title before i watched the ep on accident, and immediately thought "wtf tvsquad!" (or whatever they are now)

but then after watching the episode, i actually think the title made the show a fraction MORE enjoyable. i KNEW she was gonna be exposed, i had no idea how he found out, but i KNEW he was gonna confront jackie about HER affair, and i was wrong!

i have no problems with the title

June 22 2011 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JessieLeah

I liked Jackie until this episode - how self-righteuos she tell Kevin to pack his bags when she herself had an affair and is a drug-addict, liar, manipulator. I don't think there is anything Jackie can do next season that will ever make me like her again.

On a side note, Angelina Jolie used to be my girl crush, but Dr. O'Hara (Eve Best) - wow is she hot! AJ you have been replaced!

June 21 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JonC

I agree with the other commenters. You posted the spoiler right in the title! That's impossible to avoid reading. Come on guys! You know better.

June 21 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oli

What the hell tvsquad? What on earth makes you think posting such a spoiler full title is acceptable?

I am sick of this website spoiling shows, you will start losing readers if this continues.

Thanks a bunch for spoiler one of my favorite shows.

June 21 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I have watched my last episode of Jackie. I've never watched soap operas to compare some of their worst but she has to be the most despicable characters on television today. I can't deny that it is a well written and well acted show but I hate Jackie's manipulations so much, I can't bare to get involved with it again.

June 21 2011 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

If the episode has already aired, it ain't a spoiler. DUH

June 21 2011 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to devinmcmusters's comment
j.hues

Apologies. We figured that since the headline didn't specify which affair was revealed, and most people would assume it was Jackie's, it was vague yet compelling/misleading enough to be acceptable. It's always a fine line to walk with headlines of shows when dealing with spoilers as you need something to grab people's attention.

As for the spoiler alert in the article, it was after that we detailed what affair we were talking about and the other specifics of the episode, so it still seems appropriately relevant.

June 22 2011 at 6:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sean

There's really no need for a spoiler warning in the article when the title of the article is the spoiler. Talk about a lack of class.

June 21 2011 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply