October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Ames Takes a Hard Hit to the Head Kickboxing on 'The Bachelorette' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 21st 2011 12:05AM
Ames and Ashley Hebert, 'The Bachelorette'There's an expression about taking one for the team, but Ames took one for the heart on 'The Bachelorette' (Mon., 8PM ET on ABC). Someone -- we're looking at you, producers! -- decided that a great date for Ashley and the boys would be to have the guys pair off and fight one another.

Since they're in Thailand, Muay Thai kickboxing was the fighting style and the men were given some training, but still it made for some uncomfortable moments for Ashley, as the spectator.

Maybe she's not the kind of girl who likes to watch two guys fighting for her affection ... well, literally fighting. She obviously doesn't mind the concept of guys competing, or else she wouldn't be on this show.

Ames took it the hardest, as he got knocked hard enough by Ryan that he wound up going to the hospital. Ashley apologized to him, he apologized to her and he survived the week, so we guess it was worth it.

jjananddavid

Ashely is an airhead. Probably the worst bachelorette ever. Probably a very nice girl....but brainless. Bently is so ugly..he has no neck and anyone could see what an ass he is. The fight was a stupid idea.....altho, Ames already seems a little strange.

June 21 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dixie

In the beginning Ashely was told Bentley was the bad guy. Of course, she fell for the bad guy. She can't forget the bad guy. He is in on the next story. Give me a break. Talk about desperate. This is part of the show to make sure we tune in, but, I think it is so obvious, it is a bit sickening, and makes me want to forget it. It just shows it is too predicted and scripted. Like a previous person wrote, why not show her the tapes of what he said, and it would iron it out. It is being carried on for drama and it could have been time spent on others getting to know Ashley and out dancing, or something safe and fun,and not always physical. The guys row the boat, the guys knock each other out, and they are put up to such stupid stuff, to prove what. Go dancing Ashley, go to a movie.

June 21 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
corsair807

WHAT A STUPID PROGRAM.

June 21 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tistyen

"Where are the simple joys of maidenhood?" -- Lerner & Lowe

June 21 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oma33

Getting kind of disgusted with Ashley. Looks like all of this mess is a set-up. A plan to have the guys
fight between themselves is ridiculous. There is enough friction already without creating more. Seems
like the writers are desperate. If Ashley is so hung up on Bentley I don't think she is ever going to find
a mate in any of those men. I feel sorry for all of them because she has acted like she has. I wouldn't
want her. Sorry, just my opinion.

June 21 2011 at 1:14 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Sue

anyone who goes on this show, should be bopped in the head a couple of times!

June 21 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
fourjwinds

I think this was a stupid idea for two suiters to suit up and box. I hope ABC will cardwash any further stupid ideas like this.

June 21 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
bjsmissy

Why in the world would she want Bentley back. He'll just lie to her again since he's had such negative feed back from before. He even went so far as to call her ugly. Why waste time with him and give him more TV time.IF Ashley choose him that will be it for me. It's not fair to the other guys. Love Ryan.

June 21 2011 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CATHY

Instead of spending all that money to fly him (Bently to Hong Kong) why didn't they just show her the tapes from the shows that he was on and let her see what a fool he was making of her. She is the dumbest bachelorette yet. I tape the show so I don't have to listen to all the drama with her.

June 21 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
ybronsal

I did not think Ashley got her way with requesting Bentley return. What part of Bentley distaste for her did she not understand? I am of the opinion that the program was scripted. Ashley had one of the most eligible and handsome men ever! How on earth did she get such a break! I would like to see more of Ames as the next Bacholar or even Ben C. I do not want to see the rethreads.....Jake or Womack. They are mental cases.

June 21 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply