July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Cee Lo Green Takes Us to 'Bright Lights, Bigger City' on 'The Voice' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 23rd 2011 12:26AM
Cee Lo Green, 'The Voice'If there is a male counterpart to Lady Gaga's stage presence in this era of pop music, it has to be Cee Lo Green. He brought his singular style to the first ever results show for 'The Voice' (Wed., 8PM ET on NBC) on his song 'Bright Lights, Bigger City.'

Once again, he donned a fun wig to bring a bit of Broadway style to the production, and proved that he's not just someone telling the contestants what to do, but a genuine talent in his own right. 'The Voice' seems to be determined to remind us each week that these Coaches are brilliant voices as well as mentors, and we think it's a great idea.

It lends credence to their coaching of the contestants, and it allows us the guarantee of professional-level entertainment even if the contestants don't deliver. Luckily, that has hardly been a problem in this inaugural season as the show has more than lived up to its name thus far.

k9bentley

The truth is.....he ain't very good. PETA should investigate what kind of animal he put on his head!!!

June 23 2011 at 3:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

CeeLo's performance was tongue-in-cheek, over the top entertainment...loved it!

June 23 2011 at 11:34 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Woody Poneyman

Type your cWhat good is he, he can't sing.omment here

June 23 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Woody Poneyman's comment
mcc1cam

Are you having a stroke?

June 23 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aerofanz

I am enjoying watching the show and if people think the "real" talent is gone then blame the voters not the judges! I don't think America should get to vote on anything. I love watching the judges perform and it makes me realize that Aerosmith missed a great opportunity to show their talent to a million viewers and who knows how many new fans and record buyers by thumbing their noses at Steven's joining American Idol. I had never seen the show before but my brother said it was the best season ever. Anyway, Cee Lo is funny and I am glad I started watching.

June 23 2011 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bettye Beard

video only plays intermittently. am I doing something wrong?

June 23 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hey Brooke

I found the awful dead animal on his head quite distracting, to be honest.

June 23 2011 at 10:52 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
richman99

You have to be out of your flippin' minds here!! This THUG and self-professed PIMP first has the gall to tell Vicci that her performance was not that good because he could not hear her very well over the drums. Yet when this fat slob comes out to perform NO ONE can understand a word that he is "attempting" to sing!!

He is both PATHETIC as a judge, and even more so as a "supposed" singer!!

If this show is coming back next year, which it sounds like it will, PLEASE find a different judge than this piece of filth!!

June 23 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Prissy

I am one of the "Baby Boomers" and when I started watching this show I fell
in love with Cee Lo! I had to ask my 15 year old Grandaughter who he was l

June 23 2011 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I don't watch the show but i did watch the clip. The guy has a unique voice...in a good way.

June 23 2011 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
avispcc

Love the show....very entertaining ... sure wish I had the talent the contestants and judges have! They really put it out there week after week.

June 23 2011 at 9:37 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply