October 25, 2014

Lisa Edelstein Books 'The Good Wife' Role

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 23rd 2011 4:15PM
Lisa EdelsteinHoly Cuddy! Former 'House' star Lisa Edelstein has joined the cast of 'The Good Wife' for a multi-episode arc.

According to TVLine, Edelstein will play a character from Will's (Josh Charles) past -- a lawyer, naturally. Details are scarce, but TVLine describes her character as "a lawyer and born poker player whose sexiness is enhanced by her obvious intelligence."

Edelstein left 'House' after Season 7, deciding not to renew her contract for what many are considering the final season.

"After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead," Edelstein said in a statement.

Josh Charles teased his upcoming Season 3 storyline to AOL TV a few months ago.

"It's a really exciting thing to explore," Charles said in regards to his storyline. "I think it will tell us a lot more about Will's character, about his back story ... and I can't really say anything more specific than that. Frankly, not to be coy, I know [we'll find out more about Will], but I don't know how it will work itself out. I know that the intention is it will carry forward for a while. It'll be nice long arc. I think that will be really interesting. I'm excited about it."

Tell us: Do you think Lisa Edelstein will be a good addition to 'The Good Wife'?

cecile kramer

I think she will be great on good wife

September 15 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yellowberry3535

i don't know about a good addition, but like house says, shes got a great ass!

June 25 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wayne Allen

Now there are four beautiful women on that show to feul my sexual fantasies. I swear there's nothing sexier than a good looking women in a business suit.

June 25 2011 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
coconutcod

Just watched a re-run an hour ago - she is great - sorry to see her go.

June 25 2011 at 8:28 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
hi rhino

who r u

June 25 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
hman570

??????????????????????????????????????????????

June 25 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
swtbon1

Love "The Good Wife" I think she will be a wonderful addition to the show!

June 25 2011 at 4:25 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ron

I love Lisa Edelstein as Cuddy on House. Sorry to see her go.

June 25 2011 at 4:12 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
sjck640

I didn't think one of my favorite shows could get any better, but it just did.

June 24 2011 at 10:28 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
pbcarl

Didn't Josh Charles' character try to woo a character played by Linda Edelstein on 'Sports Night'?

June 23 2011 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pbcarl's comment
Chris

She played a character from his past who he may or may not have slept with or something like that at one time. I believe her name was bobbie bernstein.

I miss Sports Night. I think I'm marathoning that and The Wire while the wife and child are away at camp.

June 23 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply