October 22, 2014

Carol Burnett Returning to 'All My Children'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 24th 2011 1:10PM
Carol BurnettCarol Burnett is making a return trip to Pine Valley to bid 'All My Children' farewell in September. Burnett will reprise her role as Verla Grubbs.

Burnett first appeared on 'All My Children' in 1983, in 1995 she returned to host a 25th anniversary special and made a brief cameo in 2005. According to Entertainment Weekly, Burnett will share the screen with soap legends Susan Lucci and Jill Larson when she returns to the series.

"It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the 'All My Children' family and we look forward to reprising her character," Julie Hanan Carruthers, 'All My Children' executive producer, said in a statement.

Josh Duhamel and Eva La Rue are among the other familiar faces returning to 'All My Children' to pay tribute to the show that launched their careers. In September ABC will replace 'AMC' with a food and lifestyle show, 'The Chew.'

Watch a clip of Burnett alongside the late Elizabeth Taylor from 'All My Children.'

Kimberly

Wouldn't it be cool if Soapnet picked up AMC and started it back from the very beginning?

June 27 2011 at 2:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

I don't watch AMC, BUT, "The Chew"? Really? These so-called 'reality" shows make one want to chuck the tv out the window. They're like roaches.

June 26 2011 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Abelheart

It is pure stupidity. They have alienated a lot of viewers. Having done this, how do they expect these new shows to be a success?

June 26 2011 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Iselin007

Save the soaps or lose more customers.

June 26 2011 at 7:46 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Iselin007

Millions watch this show an now your going to cut them off? Is this some perverted Wall Street greed?

June 26 2011 at 7:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Iselin007

Your taking away the joy in these viewers lives . Is this how you treat your customers of the sponsors?

June 26 2011 at 7:40 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hsmith3018

Again I hate the VIEW and my opinion, they shoud GO. Just look at all the stars losing their jobs, you don't even care!!! so sad,,,

June 26 2011 at 7:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hsmith3018

So sad AMC is leaving----I will miss it terribly. Why can you tell me please, I will not watch anything else that ABC puts on for sure. They will lose rating so bad and I really believe it, why put something good down or away for some stupid reality, talk, food or game show, have enough of them, so let it be!!!!!!!!!YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU CANCELED ON AMC AND OLTL=====just watch and see. ABC will shrink!

June 26 2011 at 7:09 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I grew up watching All My Children. I work during the day and really don't have time to watch recorded episodes, but it's like an old friend. It's nice just knowing it's there, just in case I want to visit every once in a while. This is a sad time for day time television. Very sorry to see it go. As for the new daytime line up, it's getting as bad as the evening. There is absolutely nothing on at night during the summer. Just a waste of air time. These games shows are not entertainment, just someone stupid getting paid meticulous salaries. At least this gives me more time to read and enjoy nature. All My Children ~ thank you for many years of entertainment and you will be greatly missed.

June 26 2011 at 6:19 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
mhsden

If they cancel the soaps most of the stay at home moms and unemployed will have more time to raise there kids and look for a job

June 26 2011 at 6:05 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to mhsden's comment
Tricia

So only people who watch tv durng primetime are contributing members of society, what a narrow minded view, You have no idea what your talking about. More disrespect for soap fans, its to be expected, a genre that has been around longer than most. TV shows lasting 40+ years while no others in primetime come close, but we th daytime viewer is somehow the lesser?? Keep your reality tv, I'm sick of them showcasing the absolute horrors of our society.

June 26 2011 at 7:21 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Iselin007

The unemployed can't make jobs appear out of thin air just like you can't be normal you little Nazi

June 26 2011 at 7:43 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Iselin007's comment
Iselin007

You did right ton critize that little Nazi mhsden what a loser.

June 26 2011 at 7:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down