October 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jason Segel Shows the Photos That Got Him to Lose Weight on 'Late Show' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 24th 2011 4:49AM
Jason Segel, 'Late Show with David Letterman'Astute fans of Jason Segel may have noticed that the actor seems to have slimmed down in his more recent public appearances. He confirmed that on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS) and even brought the pictures to prove it.

The photos served as a sort of intervention for Segel. He'd gotten up to about 245 pounds, and was enjoying "the best food and booze anywhere," according to Segel, in New Orleans.

"Unfortunately my assistant had a key to my room in case I overslept," Segel said. "She came in one day to wake me up and she took a bunch of pictures to show me what I had become."

David Letterman then put up one of the pictures, which he said looked like a crime scene. Segel was sprawled on his back, belly partially hanging out, covered in Taco Bell wrappers. Under any circumstances, this is a sobering picture of the aftermath of a bad night -- or good, depending on what you're striving for.

jdueae

245 ISN'T FAT FOR A MAN 6'4''

June 24 2011 at 12:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Janell

When you are in a drunken state of being , you pretty much eat anything...Taco Bell has been known to be a 2am food run after the bar is closed...

June 24 2011 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bdfrog54

Jason - what's wrong with you? You state how N.O. has the best food and drink (it IS pretty awesome!) and then pig out on Taco Bell? Ugh.

June 24 2011 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brachm5

No where in this article does it say how he "lost weight". AolHuff: get a real grip.

June 24 2011 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beachbroker

If your husband asks you to MUTE any tennis tournament she's in, she's horribly UN-HOT! I can't stand her either.

June 24 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
howuben

Title says photos (s!) that was one photo.

June 24 2011 at 8:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Candy's Cats

You can get Taco Bell anywhere. I guess he doesn't really know good food when he is in a fabulous town.

June 24 2011 at 7:01 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply