December 18, 2014

Jeff Probst Inks Daytime Talk Show Deal

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 27th 2011 4:15PM
Jeff ProbstJeff Probst is bringing his khaki shorts to daytime TV with a new talk show. According to Entertainment Weekly, the new series will debut in 2012. Probst will continue to host CBS's 'Survivor.'

"I'm fascinated with human nature and thrilled that this show will allow me the opportunity to connect with real people and explore their stories on a personal level," Probst said in a statement.

"As I continue with 'Survivor,' I am excited to extend my relationship with CBS with this new adventure in the world of daytime."

The three-time Emmy winner has signed to host 'Survivor' for Seasons 23 and 24, keeping the competition series on CBS through 2012, the year Probst's talk show debuts.

The 'Survivor' host has talk show experience. He has filled in for Regis Philbin on 'Live! With Regis and Kelly' on numerous occasions and was even rumored to be up for a permanent spot opposite Kelly Ripa when Philbin retires.

Look for Probst's new series to cover a wide range of topics, including families that find themselves in extreme situations and topical news stories.

Tell us: Will you watch Jeff Probst's new show?

m

can't imagine why they give Jeff Probst a talk show....how many talk shows can one watch

charlie Sheen, why kill him off this is the producers or directors childish revenge....things just didn't work out leave it at that and his replacement, no way, he just isn't funny and his timing is off...

June 28 2011 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean Hayes

I wish one of these stations would start a show like we used to have one that continues each week like the fugitive, knots landing & Dynasty. Something to hold your interest

June 28 2011 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
emberbb

Say it ain't so, please. I have nothing against him, but how many talk shows can one watch; this is worse than the soap operas, which I happen to like one and have watched for years.

June 28 2011 at 10:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to emberbb's comment
Jean Hayes

Oh and how painful are the ads, I think it must be every 5 mins. on these talk shows !!!!!!!!!!

June 28 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Freddie

To add a me too post...WHO?

June 28 2011 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
perkpeach

THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS I'M SO SICK OF DAYTIME TALK SHOWS I AM SO GLAD I WORK DURING THE DAY OR I THINK I WOULD GO MAD. I AM STILL SO PISSED ABOUT MY SOAPS GETTING CXELD THAT I REALLY DON'T THINK I WILL EVER WATCH DAYTIME TV ONCE THEY GO OFF AND I WILL NOT WATCH ABC EVER I WILL MISS CASTLE BUT THATS LIFE.
WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS WE DON'T WANT ANYMORE

June 28 2011 at 9:40 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
MIMI

It's one thing to fill in, and another to have the personality to talk to people you don't have any idea what or who they are? who wants more talk shows, join Katie Couric, and do something else.

June 28 2011 at 9:23 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Linda/MsGenhosp

JUST WHAT WE NEED...ANOTHER FRIGGING TALK SHOW. GEEEEZUS..GIVE IT UP ALREADY. WE FINALLY GOT RID OF OPRAH..WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ASSININE TALK SHOW!

June 28 2011 at 9:09 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
mr41005

I like Jeff, but I am sick to death of reality and talk shows.

June 28 2011 at 9:03 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
cpinkpanther

Yes I would give it a shot. I like Jeff. He is a good host

June 28 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
salfa1154

another talk show, cbs. i hope they don't take off y&r or the bold and the beautiful for this.

June 28 2011 at 8:40 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply