October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jennifer Gimenez Panics Over Return of Abusive Steven Adler to 'Celebrity Rehab' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 27th 2011 7:30AM
Jennifer Gimenez, 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew'Steven Adler's relapse back into drugs was cause for real alarm on the fifth season premiere of 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew' (Sun., 9PM ET on VH1). When he was a part of the show in 2008, he physically and verbally assaulted rehab technician and former addict Jennifer Gimenez.

When she heard he was coming back into the facility, she had a full-blown panic attack. "Not only did he physically abuse me," she said. "He emotionally and verbally abused me. So all those fears came back."

She was able to talk it out and calm down, realizing that Adler on drugs us not the man himself. "I think Steven Adler when he's on drugs is a monster," she said. But the idea is to get Steven Adler off of the drugs and have him be the man he should be.

catkeener

@junior ... I am a recovering addict and I am sorry but you need to get your facts straight. That is not what Dr. Drew does nor is that what any good counselor does. Talk about self entitlement and lack of personal responsibility ... then lets talk about a generation of kids that grow up with little to no parental discipline at home. Let's talk about a world where children are being taught that life is all roses and no worries. Where every one is equal even if they were passed through school without being able to read because they can play football or basketball or some other sport. That is where the self entitlement comes in. My program teaches that I am responsible for what I do in my life and my actions in my life. I do not get a free pass just because I am in recovery nor did I get a free pass when I was in my addictions and I most of the people in my program didn't get away without consequences during their addictions. People like Steven Adler get away with this sort of stuff because they have the money to get away with it. Do not confuse him with people who are actually working a program and work hard to keep our sobriety in check. It is people like him who give us addicts/alcoholics a bad name.

June 27 2011 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hot stuff

i hope he spent some time in jail for the assault

June 27 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hot stuff's comment
junior

Why would he? Dr. Drew probably told the courts it wasn't his fault because he is a drug addict. You know how it is in this world of self entitlement and total lack of personal responsibility.

June 27 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
chicobombico

They need to send these people to an island somewhere far, far away.

June 27 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Just A guy

Who is Steven Adler?

June 27 2011 at 1:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Just A guy's comment
calynn145

pretty sure he was in the group "guns N Roses"

June 27 2011 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amlngn

THEY NEED TO RENAME THIS PROGRAM SOMETHING LIKE "ADDICTS ARE JUST LIKE YOU AND ME"

June 27 2011 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amlngn

WOW, Dr Drew, ARENT YOU BEING A BIT OF A HYPOCRITE ALLOWING THIS GUY TO DO THIS TO ONE OF YOUR PEOPLE?

June 27 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lovelaurie

Who is she? Who cares? These "fillers" are boring.

June 27 2011 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jathis

I watched the scene where he "abused" her. He was asking for her to let him shut the door so he can change and she kept refusing and she STUCK HER LEG INTO THE DOORWAY AS HE SHUT THE DOOR. She's being a drama queen for the sake of being a drama queen.

June 27 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jathis's comment
hot stuff

thats not all he did... did you see the huge bruises on her thighs?

June 27 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
calynn145

I think she had to confirm he was on drugs and then she could get rid of him cuz he threatened everyone elses sobriety.

June 27 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
walkingman50

Great big ol' DRAMA QUEEN.

June 27 2011 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

yo hav sum empathy bro da mon be buggin from da shite he's on. He needs mental health just like his bro axl. chill yo self out dog.

June 27 2011 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply