July 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

LaRhonda Says Goodbye to 'Bertha' on 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 28th 2011 3:59AM
Larhonda Darby, 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition'LaRhonda Darby was Chris Powell's latest challenge on 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition' (Mon., 10PM ET on ABC). She came to the show with a big personality and a big stomach she'd nicknamed 'Bertha.'

"Trying to get rid of her as soon as possible," Darby said of Bertha.

Despite some emotional struggles along the way, Darby impressively put in the work and became one of the few participants in the show to not falter in the second phase. In fact, she hit every goal Powell set for her on her way to a new and slimmer self.

At the final reveal, Darby had lost 202 pounds, clocking in at 231. "I'm not destination happy," she told Powell and her assembled family and friends. "I'm journey happy."

She realizes that despite her tremendous success, this is not a journey that's reached its end. It's only reached the end of its televised chapter. Next comes the rest of her life, but we think she'll be just fine after the year she's had.

Weight loss

Extreme weight loss, however, comes with risks. Like with any natural process. http://fitnessandweightloss.us

October 25 2011 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DJSALTER1

If U were not so frckin LAZY and worked for a living maybe U wouldnt be a nother loser!!! U people make alot of us SICK !!!!! Always lookin for something for FREE>>>>pathetic!!!!..................S T O P eating U F**Kin PIG...

June 28 2011 at 7:45 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rca005rte

Cogradulations!!!!!!!!!!

June 28 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justsayin

I am so proud of LaRhonda. I went to college with her and we were in band together. She was always a very nice girl... so full of energy and happiness. I teared up when I saw her results and I pray that this is only the beginning of more blessings to come for her. I admire her positivity and strength! Yay LaRhonda!!!!! :) :) :)

June 28 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Tracie

The weight loss story was amazing. Congratulation to her. This proves that hard work pays off. The Kate story was funny...I have four kids, it was a trip taking THEM to the store, I can't imaging eight. God bless her. I can feel her pain about the next time you see them they'll be in college remark...funny!!

June 28 2011 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
almitra696

You don't "clock in" on a scale. You weigh in.

June 28 2011 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TIM

Wow that is an awesome acheivment. I just want to tell people you dont need a personal trainer or a TV show to lose weight though. I have lost 272 lbs in the last 27 months by exercising and following a sensible eating lifestyle. Weight Watchers. You just need to set you mind do it and keep with it. There are always obstacles in life you just have to keep climbing them.

June 28 2011 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aadamjamessmith

Bless that show: the show of LaRhonda 'succeeding' in a category she could only be depressed about, until the "Extreme Makeover," obviously gave her the support she needed. People shouldn't be without the necessary support they need, in whatever category.

June 28 2011 at 10:11 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Hi Debbie

Wow she showed so much motivation and determination I hope she can keep it off. She probably added 20 years to her life and a much greater quality.....keep up the great work LaRhonda, a very inspirational journey!

June 28 2011 at 9:49 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
onemnmlover

i hope they are going to pay for her skin removal

June 28 2011 at 9:37 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply