October 24, 2014

First Look: ABC's 'Take the Money and Run'

by Jean Bentley, posted Jun 28th 2011 3:00PM
Take the Money and RunI was pretty excited when ABC announced 'Take the Money and Run,' its new reality series from 'The Amazing Race' and 'CSI' producers billed as a spy thriller where professional investigators and regular folks compete for $100,000.

Now that ABC has released the first promo for the new series and we have a better idea of what, exactly, contestants are doing, I'm just as pumped for the show's August debut. Basically, the real-person contestants have one hour to hide a briefcase with $100,000, and the investigators have 48 hours to find it. If they don't locate it, the contestants win. If they do, they win.

While the premise alone isn't as exciting as I had hoped, I'm certain there will be plenty of spy-related challenges involved. Who doesn't love a good caper?

'Take the Money and Run' debuts Tue., Aug. 2 at 9PM ET on ABC, but you can watch a preview of the new show after the jump.

What do you think of the preview? Will you watch?

Larry G Casabella

http://youtu.be/GPthhlvBinc yes we are ready to put our car in the race, does anyone like music? the new outlaws

November 26 2011 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry G Casabella

November 26 2011 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry G Casabella

http://youtu.be/GPthhlvBinc the new outlaws savannah tennessee we are here , what is going on ? larry casabella

November 26 2011 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JM in Southern CA

I made Chief in the old Navy, when the initiation involved days of hazing, culminating in an all-day session of non-stop harassment. About an hour into that last day, I suddenly realized it was all "no harm" and I was supposed to be enjoying it, too. It suddenly got easy and, yes, fun! Taking an attitude like that into this show, I would NEVER break under their questions. The threats are all pretend -- mind games. As soon as they make a threat, you just mentally spray it with BS Remover and it goes away. :-)

August 28 2011 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jinkiesscooby21

This show is an absolute bore. The "cops" are WEIRD. Creepy, actually.
Can't wait until the show ends.

August 13 2011 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sultry

I watched the whole show last night. OMG! That pathetic punk will have to live the rest of his life out knowing he sold his brother and his mother out. He will never ever live this down, not even if he could write a check for the mother and brother for the money he caused them to lose. Well, It's not like the physical condition of his body didn't tell the tale of his minds strength, and who would fail at this task. All he had to do was keep telling himself this is not real jail it's a tv show. One thing for sure is, Now his brothr knows if he should ever get in real trouble, his brother will sell him out. Ironic thing about all this is he still did not go home in twenty minutes as promised.
I have seen kids stand stronger in a lie then that pu**y.

August 03 2011 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephanie Neverson-Y

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING, WHERE DO WE SIGN UP?

August 03 2011 at 12:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sharp914

That's easy.

July 29 2011 at 1:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

Yes, I will watch this. I know what I would do, and I know for sure that the briefcase would never be found within 48 hours.

June 28 2011 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply