August 2, 2014

Joe Rogan Signs On To Host 'Fear Factor' Revival

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 29th 2011 4:15PM
Joe Rogan's coming home. The comedian is returning to 'Fear Factor' as host of the revived NBC reality series.

"It doesn't seem real," Rogan told TV Guide Magazine. "It seems like some sort of bizarro dream world. But I'm looking forward to it. The idea of sitting at home and watching someone else host it would have driven me crazy."

The reborn 'Fear Factor' will get eight episodes that might hit the Peacock's schedule as soon as September.

When the 'Fear Factor' news broke early June 2011, Rogan was high on the list of potential hosts, but the deal was nowhere near closed. "We wouldn't want to do this show without Joe," Matt Kunitz, 'Fear Factor' executive producer, said. "This makes me 100 percent relieved. Part of the nostalgia of the show coming back is Joe Rogan. Joe is a guy's guy, but women like him as well."

After 'Fear Factor' went off the air the first time, Rogan had harsh words about his time on the series.

"I enjoyed the money, but I didn't enjoy doing the show," Rogan told The Denver Post in 2008. "It was boring, and after a while, it was mindless. It's not something I would look forward to, but it was a great paycheck."

Tell us: Are you happy to see Rogan back hosting 'Fear Factor'?

Robert Buser

How does anyone care about this?

June 30 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

I'd rather they were bringing 'Newsradio' back, but I'm glad to see Joe back anyway!

Your last name is Garelli?

June 30 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Joe was great on Newsradio, and I love how he mocks the morons of Fear Factor!

June 30 2011 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TimothyC

He seems to be a one trick pony. Congrats on another 15 minutes Joe!

June 30 2011 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buckeyebabe111

Glad to see Joe back!!! Wouldn't have watched it if they had selected another host.

June 30 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TC

Don't know if I'd watch it if Joe wasn't coming back as host. Great news, he always added a laugh,

June 30 2011 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobby

PERSONALLY, I'M NOT THRILLED TO SEE ROGAN BACK. MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT HAVING HIM COME BACK ANYWAY. PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE SHOW, WATCH IT FOR WHATEVER GROSS THINGS THEY HAVE TO DO? NOT FOR "ROGAN" I MEAN A TRAINED MONKEY CAN DO WHAT ROGAN DOES, AND TO PAY HIM A FAT PAYCHECK IS WASTEFUL. PERSONALLY I WOULD GET RID OF THE BEAN COUNTERS THAT HIRED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

June 30 2011 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

I can't wait. I'm glad Joe is coming back. The show woudln't be the same without him.

June 30 2011 at 8:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaLady9999

Type your comment here

The first and best reality show ever. If you can stand the eating Part, the show is great fun. It sure beats a lot of the other junk on the air now. Welcome back Joe!

June 30 2011 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply