September 16, 2014

Life & Style EXCLUSIVE: 'Teen Mom' Stars Catelynn and Tyler Want Four Kids Someday

by Jean Bentley, posted Jun 29th 2011 8:00AM
Catelynn Lowell, Tyler Teen MomWe didn't know how much we missed the original cast of 'Teen Mom' until we watched in horror at the inexplicably bad decision-making by the MTV show's second iteration.

Thankfully, the first four ladies are back next week with the return of the original 'Teen Mom.' Catelynn Lowell and her fiance, Tyler Baltierra, a.k.a. the most grounded couple on the series, gave their baby up for adoption on their episode of '16 and Pregnant,' but are now opening up about the family they'd like to have in the future.

AOL TV can exclusively preview the couple's interview with Life & Style, during which they discuss the very specific life they envision for themselves.

"I want four children," Catelynn told Life & Style. "And when I have a girl, I want to name her Rain!"

Tyler would love to raise kids with his longtime partner, he told the magazine. "I honestly can't wait to be a father one day," he said. "The reasons Catelynn will make a great mom are endless. Her heart is warm, and her love is strong. She just has this connection with kids -- they love her."

Despite the fact that previews for the new 'Teen Mom' season show Catelynn and Tyler struggling with their relationship, Catelynn told the mag that they're as dedicated to each other as ever. "Whatever I don't have in me," Catelynn said, "he has."

For more from Catelynn and Tyler, pick up the new issue of Life & Style, on newsstands now in New York and nationwide Friday.

lsoxchance

If they were my brother or sister I would have protected them as what any big sister does. I have a 24 year old brother who doesnt have kids, but at the time growing up in the 90s my sisters were teen moms. I dont know if I will ever get married and have a family. They both need love and care, I wish them the best, if you ever met me, I would give you two the biggest hug tell them I am there for both of you. Open Adoptions are worth a million things and million dreams do come true for open an adoptions.

July 05 2011 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ronaldwronbo

If this show presented the real world and how Teen pregnancy really is .... then there wouldnt have been the issue of teens getting pregnant on purpose so they could be on the show The idea BACKFIRED Instead of a REALITY show more time and money should be spent on Education about Abstinence , Birth Control , and Relationship classes Birth Control is 99 % effective if taken correctly

July 04 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

I love this unselfish and mature couple. I know the odds are against them, but I really hope they stay together. Her mom is a crazy byatch only equal to jenell Evans mom. What a pair of psychos. I also like Maci from season one, I think she is also very mature for her age.

July 04 2011 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lcm1067

I am a fan of the show, and have fllowed the original Teen Mom since the first season...Catelynn and Tyler deserve so much praise for putting their daighter first- and letting her have a loving family. Not that they couldn't have raised her, but they knew thei family's issues would have gotten in the way...and I sincerely hope these two can get everything worked out and be together. Looking forward to the new season!!!

July 04 2011 at 3:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
thepetermedic

i must have missed the part where you tell us how many hours a week you both work ?????? and that stupid show dont count!

July 04 2011 at 2:54 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
sterlingfarms

A person should not judge that which they know nothing about. I too was hesitant about watching this particular series; however, after watching the first show I realized that the show does not promote teen sexuality. By showing the stark reality of teen pregnancy and the hard decisions these young ladies and young men face after discovering that they are pregnant, this series promotes education and encourages young teens to protect themselves either through abstinence or through using proper birth control methods. My teenage daughter, age 13, watch this show with me and it has paved a pathway for very open discussions about this topic that too many parents try to avoid in the hopes that it will simply disappear.

July 04 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ladyshylucky

I think MTV had the best of intentions when they began the show. The whole idea of "See? Don't let this happen to you because it's not what you think it is" idea was turned into sensationalism by the media...again. Tabloids are the ones glamourizing these girls and they're eating it up. So now this girl that gave up her child is ready to have four more? "She'll be a great mom"? Does anyone even *think* before they speak anymore?

July 04 2011 at 2:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
samanthalehm

I am appalled at this show; never watched & refuse to watch. To promote single teen pregnancy is abhorhant. Too many teens on welfare & this show not only adds more to the system, but kids who think it's okay to get pregnant because the system will support them ......NOT! What kind of mentality do these young people have? They're advertising to the kids that watch this awful show.

July 04 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to samanthalehm's comment
lcm1067

No, this is not true at all..the show does NOT make single parenthood look easy at ALL. As far as promoting single teen pregnancy, its happening all over the world, obviously...you should change your mind and watch the show.

July 04 2011 at 3:05 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
PR Princess

Since you by your own admission have NEVER watch this show; then how do you know what the show is about? DO NOT make assumptions, you have NO idea what is show stands for and what it's goal our. If you bother to watch ONE episode you will soon realize that any young lady who watches this show and still wants to have a baby at a young age is FOOLISH. Also, if one young person comes out with "I don't want this to happen to me" attitude then MTV job is done.

STOP being so judgmental and open your eyes to reality (no pun intended).

July 04 2011 at 3:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Hannah Ann Smith

The fact that these two had the insight and forethought to see that raising a child in the environment that they were living in was unacceptable, tells me a lot about them. Bringing a baby home to the dysfunctional mess that Catelynn lived in with a mother that had substance abuse issues and mental health issues would have been a disaster. They showed a lot of gumption by giving their daughter up for adoption...she is in a better place and will have a chance at a better future.

July 04 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hannah Ann Smith's comment
lcm1067

Exactly, ITA.

July 04 2011 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Victoria

As much as teen mom disgusts me, I have to give these two respect. Giving their child up for adoption is without a doubt one of the most painful things they will ever go through, and if their relationship can get through that, then I wish them the best of luck. Being a mother means doing whatever it takes to ensure your child has the best life it can, and they were mature enough to realize that baby would be best off with an adopted family. Who can fault her for that?

July 04 2011 at 1:24 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply