November 21, 2014

'All My Children' Gets September 23 Finale

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 30th 2011 1:40PM
Susan LucciFriday, Sept. 23 will go down in history for soap fans, but maybe not for the right reasons -- that's the day 'All My Children' will end its historic run. ABC has confirmed the finale date.

Better start saying your goodbyes to Erica Kane and the rest of Pine Valley because food and lifestyle program 'The Chew,' ABC's replacement for 'All My Children,' will debut the following Monday, Sept. 26.

Former 'All My Children' stars have been coming out of the woodwork to return to the series. So far, these actors and actresses have been confirmed by ABC as returning to the series one last time: Carol Burnett, Josh Duhamel, Eva La Rue, Thorsten Kaye, Kate Collins, Jennifer Bassey, Melissa Claire Egan and Leven Rambin.

According to ABC, more returning faces will be announced as the series moves toward the finale.

Created by Agnes Nixon, 'All My Children' has been on ABC for more than 41 years. The series has won dozens of Daytime Emmy Awards and launched the careers of countless Hollywood stars from Sarah Michelle Gellar to Melissa Leo.

'One Life to Live' will end in January.

Gina Cridlebaugh

Really another cooking show!!! I know i won't be watching the "CHEW". AMC will be greatly missed!!

September 23 2011 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Calvin375

ABC, you big time IDIOTS! You have just signed the death sentence of the replacement show, the "CHEW". It will not last past the VERY FIRST episode! You will see how FAST a show can get canceled in a day!!! You want to cancel "ALL MY CHILDREN"? Well, get ready for the fastest cancellation in ABC's history! It probably wont last past the first commercial break! Monday is the day that ABC is going to pass out MORE pink slips to the cast, crew, directors, staff and executives of the "CHEW". There also might be some pink slips also going out to the executive "IDIOTS" who decided to cancel AMC!!! You've ruined my mid-day lunch for life!!!

September 23 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue Callahan

i am watching the view all about the shoe crying bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooo

September 23 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue Callahan

i love all my children can not believe its going off why been watching since age13 crying booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and to put a cooking show nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo abc is stupid

September 23 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katie18292

I have been watching All My Children since I was a little girl. My mother watched also. I think ABC has lost their mind and will loose many viewers. Cathy

September 23 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
martha

i cant believe the show they are putting in all my childrens place. its called THE CHEW

September 21 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geraldine

In my opinion we have TOO many talk and reality shows. Everyone and I mean everyone needs an hour to watch something on the little screen that takes them away, even for an hour to something so that they can say at the eand my life isn't so bad afterall or I think I might try that tactic with my family this evening. So you see we did get something out of our soaps especailly when I know of CEO's that won't take an appointment until after their favorite show is finished, so what do you think of that?

September 21 2011 at 9:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geraldine

Personally I think ABC has lost their minds. I have watched this since the very day it started and have loved it. Why would you take something away that was a hit for so many years toput a cooling show on? Well you just lost a viewer at noon for I will NEVER watch it. I am not a cook and really don't enjoy cooking. I and all my children,family and friends are boycotting your cooking show. I think you are the looser here.

September 21 2011 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MJ

It's really sick and sad that ABC is pulling a soap like All My Children that deals with everyday life and leaving a sick show like General Hospital wherein everyone kills everyone else and promotes the mob. Shame on ABC. And they expect The Chew to Survive? Not a chance in h*ll

September 20 2011 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suzanne

Is ABC nuts? What we don't need is anymore Food Shows and How to Loose Weight Shows, from preparing all the food we made from watching how to make it. I have been watching All My Children since it started and will miss it very much. There is almost nothing on TV these days to watch except the reruns of all shows that were very good.

September 16 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply