August 1, 2014

Did the Best Singer Win 'The Voice'? Watch Their Final Performances (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Jun 30th 2011 1:35AM
Now that the first season of 'The Voice' is officially over, only one question remains: Why do we have to wait so long for Season 2?

Kidding. The real question is: Did the best singer win?

Hopefully if you're reading this, you already know who the winner is, but either way, you can enjoy their final performances again and again right here.

Javier Colón and Stevie Nicks singing 'Landslide,' Dia Frampton and Miranda Lambert singing 'The House That Built Me,' Vicci Martinez and Train's Pat Monahan singing 'Drops of Jupiter' and Beverly McClellan and OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder singing 'Good Life' -- which was your favorite?

Javier Colón sings 'Landslide' with Stevie Nicks

Dia Frampton and Miranda Lambert sing 'The House That Built Me'

Vicci Martinez and Train's Pat Monahan sing 'Drops of Jupiter'

Beverly McClellan and OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder sing 'Good Life'

cmorris644

Viewed video only for this comment and that's an "Ok" for all performances. However, from a songwriter/musician point of view, I just didn't get a good solid shock from any of the performers. Some of them got a little pitchey and did not take full command and control on a star level, in comparison to other top stars. Of all the performances, I would pick Javier and Dia.

July 07 2011 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Millie

Love "The Voice!!!" Best talent show by far. Great competitors and coaches/judges, who are still at the top of their game, i.e. not has beens, pardon the expression, since I'm a senior myself. Felt the outcome was on the money, although Dia was probably my favorite with a unique style, charm, and humility. Just as glad as she that Blake Shelton was the one to bring her along. His unselfish, protective coaching made him my favorite, although the others were also fabulous. Got my 25-year-old daughter who's a professional dancer hooked too. We can't wait for the next "The Voice!" Hope the coaches return.

June 30 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
brwnsg05879

Dia should have won hands down...this is a show but in reality it will be a lot easier for her to sell records..she has a VERY unique voice & is cute and young.

June 30 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cadylady3

i was hoping that Dia would win just because she was so versatile but Javier was very good , i really don't think there were any losers, i think this show will open a lot of doors for them all

June 30 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dinareesa

I thought none of the songs reflected the singer prowess of any of the contestants ....I would have chosen those songs to sing for these singers...horrible..horrible

June 30 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dinareesa

Javier hardly sang...it was a Stevie Nicks performance....

June 30 2011 at 12:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dinareesa

I thought either Beverly or Vicci should have won..

June 30 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Pat

Didn't watch the show, so I'm going just by the videos. Based on them, Javier definitely blew the girls away.

June 30 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

Loved the Stevie Nicks and Javier performance "Landslide"

June 30 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Javier didn't even sing by himself on the last song. Stevie Nicks was the one that performed. Maybe she should have won. Beverly should have won. She has stage presence and acts more like a performer. I think it is her "look" that defeated her. But she is true to herself. You'll do fine Beverly.

June 30 2011 at 11:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply