October 25, 2014

'Glee' Cast Shake-Up: One Heartthrob Out, Two Promoted to Series Regulars

by Maggie Furlong, posted Jul 1st 2011 10:45PM
Chord Overstreet, 'Glee'Oh, 'Glee' ... you're already on thin ice. You know that. So why are you going to take away one of the fan-favorite castmembers?

TVLine is reporting that Chord Overstreet -- who joined the cast last fall as transfer student and all-around ladies man Sam -- will not be returning as a series regular next season. That means Sam will probably be transferring out of McKinley for good, although a source did say he could return as a guest star for a few episodes.

Tonight, after receiving the news, Overstreet took to Twitter, saying: "It's been a good year. Too bad it's over. Time for summer and starting fresh."

There is a silver lining to this very dark 'Glee' cloud though: Darren Criss (Blaine) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike) will now both be full-time series regulars, starting with Season 3 this fall.

All of this news comes right after series co-creator Ryan Murphy talked so openly on Ryan Seacrest's radio show about the majority of the current 'Glee' cast graduating next year to make way for new glee club outcasts.

"I don't think of it in terms of eliminating or replacing," Murphy said. "Because I think the thing about this cast is people love them and they are incredibly talented. They've left sort of an indelible mark."

"The thing that I wanted to do and the cast wanted to do, we didn't want to have a show where they were in high school for eight years. We really wanted it to be true to that experience. We thought it would be really cool if we were true to the timeline."

So Gleeks -- do you agree that everyone has to move on eventually? Or are you angry about Overstreet? Sound off in the comments.

Yeepuu Yeep

█田█田█::∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.

very good web-----------http://www.jordansforking.com

█田█田█.∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.
█田█田█∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.very good
█田█田█.★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.
█████.*******************
◢██□██◣.~~~~~*^_^*believe you will love it.
★Hey My friend ★ I find an amazing web, please click the web,
you can find big pleasantly surprisedYou can try Oh,
give you satisfaction guarantee.

July 04 2011 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yugan Huang

Timberland series adopt head skin production, with moisture absorption, the platoon is wet sex, make your feet dry and comfortable maintain!!!!! The sole is wear-resistant and high resistance to song sex, ensure wear-resisting rubber sole, and at the same time, comfort is perfect, such as walking clouds. DuoZhong color, DuoZhong style, DuoZhong choice!
Welcome to http://www.timberland-boots.org

July 04 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrisieary

I loved Chord-so sad.

July 04 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lee.butler@y7mail.com

I completely get and admire the idea that the characters need to graduate. I think that having the students there for longer than they would realistically be there would be a bad move... CHORD DOESN'T FILL THAT DEFINITION! Seriously earlier on in the season the big news was that Chord's character was retconned to being a freshman specifically so he would be around in season 4, every glee fanatic knew this info and expected him to stay... so for that to just be thrown out the window is complete BS and frankly I hope RM changes his mind NOW because this is insanity

July 04 2011 at 6:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Glee, started strong, the scripts have gotten weaker and weaker, the guest cast have been weak to horrible, now they remove Chad Overstreet. it is one idiotic decision after another. Is it that the decision making has risen to upper levels because of the success of the show and they are slowly disemboweling the show because of upper management stupidity?....I do not watch it any more, except by off chance. I used to be a regular viewer. they have turned a very good show into a piece of crap and they do not have the brains to see that. Upper management needs to get their nose out of areas that they no nothing about.

July 03 2011 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jim's comment
valerie

I agree. Personally, I think the show was only good the first season...After awhile I just got bored with it. I still love the songs and dance numbers though, so I just listen/watch them on Youtube, but don't watch the show.

July 03 2011 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
puppy427

he brought some equalization to the group. sad.

July 03 2011 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
facingwonderland

I am kind of depressed about this, he wasn't my favorite, but i actually got use to him....:(

July 03 2011 at 7:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
claire9403

ss

July 03 2011 at 2:46 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
claire9403

I can't believe it!!I really loved Sam's Justin bieber version! He was super cool!

July 03 2011 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

I really hate to see Sam leave. The show where it came out that his family lost the house was really touching because so many people are finding themself living that now. It would have been nice to see that story go foward with them getting back on their feet again unless it is written this way and they are moving where a good job is.....but really hate to see "trouty mouth" leave. I have read that at the end of the season, Racheal, Finn and Quinn will graduate and be gone. I don't know how it will survive without them. Racheal and Finn make the show what it is. Some people have said to get rid of Racheal as she is whiny or annoying. Well people, she is playing her part well! She can sing too! I hate to see Sam leave, he did a great job while there however seeing more of Blane will be just fine. My only hope is that girl that looks 12 in the Glee project on Sundays....please don't bring her on the show! I can't stand her!

July 03 2011 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply