April 20, 2014

Comedy Central to Roast Charlie Sheen

by Jean Bentley, posted Jul 5th 2011 10:45AM
Charlie SheenPrepare yourself for another barrage of tiger blood and winning jokes -- Comedy Central announced this morning that its newest roast target is none other than the bitchin' rock star from Mars himself, Charlie Sheen.

The 'Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen' will tape in Los Angeles on Sat., Sept. 10, and will air on Comedy Central on Mon., Sept. 19 at 10PM ET, the network confirmed. That means Sheen will return to TV the same night as 'Two and a Half Men' premieres its first episode with Ashton Kutcher, although the sitcom airs at 9PM on CBS and won't be direct competition.

"You could say I've been providing kindling for this Roast for a while," Sheen said in a statement. "It's time to light it up. It's going to be epic."

The idea isn't entirely out of left field, considering that Roastmaster General Jeffrey Ross hopped onstage to burn Sheen during his 'Violent Torpedo of Truth Tour' earlier this year, saving audiences on the latter part of the cross-country tour from Sheen's rambling, unfocused stories. In fact, AOL TV wrote in April that an official Comedy Central Roast could be the out-of-work actor's next move.

The real question, though, is if we actually want the Roast. Sure, it could've been hilarious during the Sheen-mania of early '11, but now that we've seen the aftermath of the actor's self-destruction, will those goddess-referencing jokes still be funny?

Tell us: Will you still watch the Charlie Sheen Roast? Or are you past the whole "winning" phase of your life?

Zero the Hero

I thought Seth Macfarlane was going to be the Roast Master. But I will watch. I've been a Charlie fan since "Red Dawn"

August 30 2011 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
molly

I really am thinking of taking Charlie in the office 'dead pool.' I think Zsa Zsa has a better shot at outlving this delusional addict. Please make me a winner Charlie!

August 02 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Will definetly watch the roast and can't wait for the series! (Anger Management) Roll On Carlos!!!

August 02 2011 at 1:30 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

I will watch the roast for sure !!!!!

August 01 2011 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moodybluewyse

I LOVE Charlie and will wait patiently ('though not tooooo patiently) for his NEW SHOW, 'Anger Management'. Good Luck Charlie. Still watching the reruns of THE REAL TWO AND A HALF MEN!!!

August 01 2011 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daves Style

Such a shame, hopefully none of the networks or cable pick this up. It would send a message that his behavior is unacceptable

July 19 2011 at 2:59 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ForsakenAngel2U

watching watching watching

July 18 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HAVAVTSI

I adore Charlie Sheen.

He's putting everybody on and those he's fooling don't have a clue they're being had.

And who the hell is Acty Cooter .

GO CHARLIE!!

July 18 2011 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wids

Charlie Sheen should have done this when he was a hot commodity, say 4 months ago. Nobody cares at this point... $30,000 for a 1 time roast? That's a far cry from $1 million an episode. And we all salute as Charlie sails off into oblivion. Goodbye sailor ! *SIZZLE*

July 09 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S Carson Lankford

I will watch the roast definitely. Granted, Charlie Sheen isn't a roll model but he's amazingly funny if you're not too stuck up to realize it. I'm only 13 and my mom lets me watch the show because it's crude humor. It's not all protected like most of the other shows. I own a Sheen t-shirt and I'm proud of it. I love his mindless ranting. So yes, I will most definitely be watching the roast. It's already written down in my planner! :D Love ya Charlie!

July 07 2011 at 12:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply