August 22, 2014

'Real Housewives of New York' Star Sonja Morgan May Lose House, 'Hung' Experiments and More TV News

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 5th 2011 12:00PM
Sonja MorganSonja Morgan's life (and financial woes) have been splashed on the front pages of tabloids and TV screens thanks to her role on 'Real Housewives of New York City,' but now the reality star is speaking out about her messy divorce and money troubles.

According to the New York Post, Morgan may lose her Upper East Side town house.

"I'm sure the world thinks, 'Sonja doesn't have to worry, she's got that husband there for her.' But I'm on my own," Sonja said.

Sonja claims in court papers that John Adams Morgan, her 80-year-old ex-husband, is refusing to pay her a $3 million divorce judgment and $300,000 in back alimony. Sonja also claims he has barred her from selling and visiting properties she co-owns with him in Colorado and France.

Last fall, Sonja filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

In other TV news ...

'So You Think You Can Dance' contestant and now-choreographer Travis Wall will star in a new reality series. Wall and Season 1 'SYTYCD' winner Nick Lazzarini will appear alongside two other choreographers in 'Kings of Dance.' [AfterElton.com]

'Hung' has booked Ray's first transgender client. Transgender actress Jamie Clayton will play Kyla, a pre-op transgender receptionist who hires Ray (Thomas Jane). Look for the episode mid-season and for Kyla to possibly make a return appearance. [TV Guide]

Kevin Covais has booked a recurring role on ABC Family's 'State of Georgia.' The 'American Idol' veteran plays a geeky scientist. [Access Atlanta]

ESPN will air live matches from Wimbledon. The deal will see matches on ESPN, ESPN3 and the ESPN mobile application. [New York Times]

• Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s daughter has joined the cast of 'More as the Story Develops.' Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy, 23, has been studying at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute. [TV Guide]

POPEYE

I don't wish bad upon anyone, but (they) the people who display themselves on t.v. living the extravagent lifestyle they live and party here and party there sometime need a reality check that some of us live everyday. Sure I would love to not worry about how I will get the next dime to pay a bill. But I surely know one thing, if I had that kind of money it wouldn't be spent on non needed items like I see in some homes on T.V. So to you there Sonia, sell your shoes, and crap and get a job. I bet you you'll be happier in the long run, because then you will know that you have earned it!

July 05 2011 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Kirk

Ahhh... the gold digger's shovel broke!

July 05 2011 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whad Up Girl!

I hope she ends up in the street.

July 05 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tuefull

good for john morgan, cheers to you, kick the bitch to the curb and have some fun. deny her everything, give her nothing. thats exactly what she desreves. women want equality, then the bitches should go to work. chuck em. signed,,, livin large in northern minnesota.

July 05 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

Hey Sonya, you a hoe girl

July 05 2011 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
redbarron1010

Gold-digger extrdonaire! I loved the sceen in the show where she is whining about her bankruptsy woes all the while getting a facial, manicure and pedicure! what a joke?! and flirting up to that doctor, and claiming he "wants her".......! He could not have acted LESS interested! and I have never seen this woman work, and also, if she is "broke", then how did she pay for that extravagant trip?! Even if the show paid for the trip, she still went shoppong and got her hair and nails done. i work forty plus hours a week as a NURSE and can't afford to get manicures, and pedicures!
I do NOT feel the slightest bit sorry for her. She blew money like water, just like Theresa on NJ Housewives and ended up in the same boat~~ a sinking one.

July 05 2011 at 7:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
topspin360

She should get herself a fine black man like myself.I can show her what a real man can do who has the tool for the job.That old coot couldnt get it up with a crane.

July 05 2011 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chriswmeekhof

NO sympathy here !! I see how she lives, I watch it every week On Bravo ! Maybe learning how to live like the rest of Americans will teach her to stop being such a bitch.

July 05 2011 at 7:04 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Arlene

When will old men learn that young women only love their bank accounts and it costs big bucks when they aren't a play kitten anymore. Arm candy costs money. She's a gold digger and he's an old fool.

July 05 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
victorial04

this has me really sad about Sonja. I think I will start a fund for her and I will stand out int he highway collecting money for her. NOT who cares!

July 05 2011 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply