September 30, 2014

Got TV Questions? Ask Them Here!

by Maureen Ryan, posted Jul 6th 2011 3:40PM
It's been a while since we did an Ask Mo column -- now that we're all rested from the holiday weekend (at least I hope we are), let's rectify that situation!

In the comment area below, please leave your TV-related questions. I'll try to take on as many as I can in a column that will run next week (Ryan McGee and I will also take on some questions in an upcoming Talking TV podcast). If you'd rather email your queries, feel free to drop me a line here.

I regret to say that I don't have time to reply to everyone who sends a question, but please know that I do read every email.

All my previous Ask Mo columns can be found here. Please give the prior columns a quick peek before leaving your query; your question (or something similar to it) might already have been answered in a recent column. And if your question is of the "Hey, when does [Show X] come back," we've got some summer TV calendars here.

Thanks!

Walt

The Roy Rogers Show? Why was it a western t.v. show with horses, old west towns, six shooter pistols, and a JEEP???

December 25 2012 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
giley24

Maureen-

Don't you think you're being a little harsh on "The Killing"? I know, the finale sucked, and it was a real drag to see that Holder isn't a good guy, but overall it was a solid, interesting show. Isn't that enough to at least give the second season a chance? If they would have wrapped up the Rosie Larson case in Season One - which, I'll admit, they damn well should have - do you really think anyone would have tuned in for Season Two? It's selfish on their part, but also realistic.

Giles Bruce
Charles City, Iowa

July 14 2011 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TAUSIF

Is there anywhere in writing where I can find your and Ryan's reasons for your non-interest (dislike?) of Community?

July 13 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

Mo: In the new season of True Blood, why isn't Sookie reading minds? Am I missing something? Three shows in & no telepathy?
Liz, Roselle, IL

July 12 2011 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TAUSIF

When is Libby Hill going to guest on Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan?

What panels are you going to be visiting at comic con?

Why doesn't Ryan get to go on as many cool tv/geek related trips as you do?

July 10 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
giley24

Maureen-

I'm a big fan of "Rescue Me," which begins its final season on FX this month. I'm also a fan of your criticism, from your days at the Chicago Tribune. Yet I can't remember you ever giving your thoughts on what I think is one of the best shows of the last 10 years. So, are you going to be sad to see Tommy Gavin and the gang go?

Giles Bruce
Charles City, Iowa

July 09 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heidi

Hey Mo,

My Question is such: It has always been common to see popular book series (GoT, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Dragon Tattoo, True Blood, etc) become TV series and more frequently movie franchises. I have always wondered if it is difficult for a book writer who's stories aren't yet complete (such as GoT for examp) to keep to their plan and avoid distractions. How invested in the filming process are they and because they know eventually their work will see a screen (big or small) do they think in those terms potential large scale terms. And do they admit to those thoughts. Do the stories tend to get a little "grander" if you will? Do they listen to what fans are saying about how they think characters are arching on TV or movies? Versus, a writer who see's their works come to life after the book series was completed and perhaps comes on board to offer character insight, etc. Hopefully this makes sense.

Love the Blog and Podcast!
Sincerely,
Heidi Hanson
Minneapolis

July 08 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Heidi's comment
Heidi

Deep apologies for my spelling errors. Sheesh.

July 08 2011 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TAUSIF

Mo do you watch any of the PBS Masterpiece programming other than Downtown Abbey? If no, why not?

July 08 2011 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cafanter

I really enjoy Cold Case ( reruns on TNT). Any ideas why it was not a longer success?

July 07 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
klcwinston

On Covert Affairs, Joan usually wears a dress that is sleeveless and has a lower-cut neckline than seems appropriate for an office. Is there a reason for that? The other women in the office, including Annie, the star, wear business attire suitable for an office.

July 07 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to klcwinston's comment
Grey

I've noticed that too and I don't even watch the show on a regular basis. What's up wih that?

July 07 2011 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply