July 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Shannon Tweed Has Perhaps Too Much Fun at the Dead Sea on 'Family Jewels' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 6th 2011 3:21AM
'Gene Simmons Family Jewels'While the Simmons family was clearly having fun on their visit to the Dead Sea on 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Tue., 10PM ET on A&E), son Nick seemed to be having an experience that was part enjoyable and part traumatizing. This is because his mother, Shannon Tweed, was having a fantastic time.

First, she liberally applied a rejuvenating mud all over her body. Nick joined in the fun, putting some on his face like warpaint and running down the beach. But he returned to find papa Gene Simmons rubbing the mud on Shannon's posterior ... without the cover of her swimsuit.

Later, Shannon was enjoying the floating sensation of the Dead Sea, and must have felt so free and liberated that she liberated herself from her bikini top, despite the protestations of both Gene and Nick. Luckily, they were behind her, but that still gave a show to plenty of other people.

"She seemed like she was younger than me at that point," Nick said later of the experience. "Not because of the mud, because of the way she was acting."

We're just happy to see the family all together and having a good time, even if it is at the expense of Nick's eyes. He and Sophie should both know by now to never look directly at their parents at any given moment, especially when there is any giggling or other sounds that might indicate fun being had by their parents.

Fun usually leads to shenanigans, and shenanigans lead to things kids don't want to see. The good news is they'll be able to pay it forward by traumatizing their own children with spousal affection sometime down the road. It's the gift that keeps on giving ... and taking (innocence).

WENDY

Im happy to see them back together..Its so easy to just give up and walk away with a divorce but
they have proved they trully love eachother and are trying to work on things.

July 06 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Carrie's Stuff!

I think Shannon is wonderful. She's a strong person who knows what's right for herself and family.

July 06 2011 at 12:38 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
YellowRose3218

What a great family this couple has made for their selves.
I do not believe Shannon, and Gene were really splitting up though, it had to be for ratings.
These two are stronger than most married couples are. They also have raised some great kids, with manners, morals, discipline, and respect, for their selves, and for others.
So many parents should take notes, this couple could teach us all some lessons.
I wish them all the best.

July 06 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
ccalde1961

reality TV is muddy business that shouldn't be on TV anymore. Boycott anything reality!

July 06 2011 at 11:22 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
mikeymike1486

thats what i cant figure out. it's ok to show her boobs but gene can flrt with the ladies. he a rock star women flock to him. i think shes jealous.. she needs to lay off the botox. her face looks ;like the joker from batman.

July 06 2011 at 11:15 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
hog2191hd

i love the show and i'm glad there back together god bless you both ,don't lose that gal Gene

July 06 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
SuperFastMonteSS

If that kid had a problem with his decent attractive mother acting like a skank out in public he should have gone back to the hotel and beat off in the shower...

July 06 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
moose

I really enjoyed their trip to Israel and meeting his siblings and other family members. It brought real tears to my eyes. I share a very similar childhood as Gene did. I'm just not as Wealthy as him. I'd love for him to take me under his wings and assist me into financial wealth. And I love the fact he is so devoted to his family. I do believe he realizes the significance and beauty of marriage and he will marry Shannon. Just keep the ugly 'D' out of your lives for all your precious family's sake.

July 06 2011 at 9:13 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
moose

Hey Nick, if I were younger, I'd be all over you. And although I'm still considered 'HOT' at my age, I was Sizzling HOT when I was your age and well into my late 40's. Love the family. It is good to see a Family sharing their lives, their love and all without the nasty 'D' (divorce) creeping in and Fracturing your family as it has so many all across this nation and the world.

July 06 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I am a huge
I am a huge fan of this show. So glad that genenmet his extended family'. I hope that Gene realizes what he has with Shannon. He is 60 yrs.old and needs to realize Shannon,Nick and Sophie come first. This is the best season so far.I await each show with anticipation. I hope Shannon and the children hold their ground with him,concerning his
skirt chasing. He needs to make a honest woman of her. He is a sweetheart. I am 54 and still a a huge KISS fan. Best of luck to the family. Karen in N.C.

July 06 2011 at 8:58 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply