September 23, 2014

New Life Online for 'All My Children' & 'One Life to Live'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 7th 2011 9:55AM
All My Children, One Life to LiveUPDATE: ABC has confirmed the news: 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' have been saved.

The New York Post reports ABC has sold the rights to the beloved soaps to Prospect Park, a TV, film and music company.

The soaps will reportedly continue right where the televised finales end -- via web-only series. The soaps will air on an unnamed online TV network, much like Hulu, which may become home to other TV shows.

The same cast -- yes, even Susan Lucci -- and crew are expected to return.

Prospect Park was founded in 2008 and is run by former Disney Studios boss Rich Frank, and Jeff Kwatinetz. Both serves as executive producers on USA Network's 'Royal Pains.'

ABC canceled the long-running soaps in April. They'll be replaced by lifestyle shows 'The Chew' and 'The Revolution.' 'All My Children' bows out Sept. 23 with 'One Life to Live' ending in January 2012.

Request for comment from ABC was not immediately returned.

Tell us: Will you follow 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' to their new homes?

valeriepanders

So happy my soaps have been saved. It like saving my old friends. Will definitely followed them.

January 04 2012 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
valeriepanders

So happy my soaps will be saved! Will definitely followed them whether it is cable or online

January 04 2012 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jerrietta001

yes i will i love my soaps

October 03 2011 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
caroloverwave

How do we know when and where to go to begin watching the shows! I have been watching All My Children for at least 40 years. Thanks Prospect Park for continuing this wonderful, entertaining show.

September 28 2011 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ruth

I am wondering about when the shows will start being shown online. I do not want to miss them. I've watched for many years and I hooked! I watched the guiding light many years and it got cancelled too. Glad AMC and OLTL are still going to be available. thanks Prospect Park!

September 26 2011 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leila2431

i will follow my soaps where ever they go I just need to know where and when. I have been watching my soaps ever since i wast a little girl and now I am older and married I have my daughter and husband watching all my children and one life to live and general hospital. We love "MY SOAPS."

September 25 2011 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SUGAR44

I have watched AMC since it began. I felt like I lost part of my family when it eneded. Yes I will definately will follow them online. as it stands I will no longer watch ABC during the AMC hour, but will continue to watch untill OLTL ends, and then Only for GH. It is terrible what this network has done to all of its loyal fans.

September 25 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darlene

I've lost other soap when they went off the air, but this time it's different for some reason. Thus, to visit Pine Valley via the web is better than no visit at all!! Now the question is when will it start online?
I'm already experiencing withdrawal systems since I've watched AMC for almost its entire life!

September 24 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

yes I definately will, I will not watch ABC ever between 1pm & 3pm. I think putting on more talk shows and taking off these long-time running soaps stinks!!

September 22 2011 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply