September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Casey Anthony Attorney Jose Baez: Public Doesn't Fully Understand the Case (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jul 7th 2011 2:45PM
Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez on 'The View'Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez said Thursday on 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) that he doesn't think the general public understands Anthony or the trial, and that he fears for Anthony's safety in the wake of the "not guilty" verdict. Baez spoke with Barbara Walters in a sit-down interview segment.

Walters asked Baez if he was worried about Anthony's safety in light of the public antagonism against her. "I am," he said. "I'm afraid for her. I don't think it's fair. I don't think the general public has a real good grasp of what happened in this case."

Baez believes the public rushed to judgment in the case, and described that in the context of a broader societal habit of judging people too harshly without understanding their point of view or the life they've led. "I think when people start judging people that way, I think it's a bit unfair," he said. "People grieve in many different ways, and people respond to trauma in various ways."

bernhamary

Mr JB it is true you do not know how it is to walk in anothers shoes, good thing her mom probably threw out the suspect shoes from the crime scene. Mom washed the pants with the death smell, and she emptied a bottle of febreeze in the car as well as a box of fabric softener. Mr mason you believe in the system and you do a double FU out of the bar window. WHat does that represent? Do you have any idea how hot that it gets in the trunk of a car in June wrapped in a pooh blanket wrapped in two plastic bags and a very different laundry bag. I agree with lenor that she kept her there so she could sleep with TL, I am so sad that she could not see another way. Even if she did not want to give her mother the time of day there are places that have very affordable child care. Please do not give this girl plastic surgery on the dime of the state of florida. She needs to pay back texas equisearch, the state of florida, amy hyzenga, her grandapa retirement account, mr padilla, the people that you told to search and where, apologize to Jessie Grund. Mr Mason what on earth were you thinking? How can you say that the system works. The Bar gives you stars for that? Your 2 gun salute would seem to say the opposite that you were saying s&&&& the system Hiw could any film or book company really trust her to sign her on for a book or movie deal, we have found that most of what she says is not true. Yet, when she stood up in court and answered to ms finnell she sounded with it and articulate. I think that any story that came out would be a fairy tale. How on earthy can they say that she is emotionally and physically ehausted? From my vantage point she looked pretty fit as she rubbed his lips. Do you really think she is still in there and was not really moved out last week right under the noses of the camers to another jail? If she is not out of there now she is going to head for the hills, she is not going to be trusted. She owes Zanny $ because of her loss of job and home.

July 14 2011 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LEONOR

I think what happened according to what I heard from her friend he saw Casey 20 days of 31 days when she told that Caylee was kidnapped, what happened is that she went to Tony's place which are only for students where no children can sleep and stay. She wants to be with Tony so in order to be free, she put the chloroform and put her daughter to sleep and if she is awake she won't make a noise . She put the tape in her mouth and leave in her trunk while enjoying the company of Tony, She made excuses to Tony that her daughter was pick up by Zenaida and babysit her.. The car is driven with Caylee in the trunk and when Casey found that she is dead, unfortunately the car broke down. Tony helped Casey to get a tow truck.. Tony never open the trunk. When she came home, she disposed the body putting it in the plastic bag and tossed it like a garbage. That is why the guy who towed the car said it smelled like a decomposing body. Casey never feel loved by her family, that is why she has no attachment to her child. We can see all the photos of liking her daughter because she is so cute, but what Caylee wants is the attention and love of somebody. There must be something wrong with her family, but it is not a reason to kill her child. She must be lucky to have a verdict of not guilty, That is our system of justice but God's justice is eternal. I always believe what goes around comes around.

July 08 2011 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tamra

Casey Anthony did not have a hard life from what I can tell! She had a built in baby sitter there with her parents and someone was giving her money since she had not worked for a few years. I don't believe her father sexually abused her as a child. These people have spun so many lies that I don't know what to believe anymore! I can see how a jury would be left to feel the same.

July 08 2011 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris & Rose

You guys dont know what your talking about, the biggest problem in the family was the narcissistic Dad, read about that ailment and it will all come in to focus. :)

July 08 2011 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wintervision

Jose Bi-ass. you are a rat bastard !!!!

July 07 2011 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
topkat311

Baez used lies, manipulation, smoke & mirrors to confuse a jury of dummies who bought it. You should be ashamed of yourself for helping this murderer get off scott free. I don't know how you sleep at night. You are hated almost as much as Casey is. To say that Caylee drowned, this was an accident,& that George had something to do with it is an outragious LIE & you know it. You showed NO PROOF of any of this crap that you dished out. How the jury even considered this was a remote possibility is beyond comprehension. How STUPID can 12 people be???

July 07 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eharris557

quilting82 I'd like to see you gang raped up the a** and then you'd be the first to call 911 and have the offenders judged. Yes casey, her attorneys, her parents and the jury will spend an eternity in hell for what they have done but to liken casey anthony to a thief or general poor person is assinine... beyond stupid. Despite the jury, the fools that they are, I still have faith in the American justice system because I believe in vigilanty behavior. Casey don't fear the death threats... the people that are making the threats aren't likely to do anything... it's the silent ones that you should be concerned about. There are a lot of silent people out there that hate you. I'd be terrified if I were you. As for the jury your names won't be concealed forever... a little scarey isn't it. The jury needs to find justice too...

July 07 2011 at 9:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jgnuc

Baez can go kill himself..........I hope you run into to some of the Anthony family on the street, so they can take matters into their own hand.....what a piece of crap you must be, how can you love yourself......like i said, hopefully your justice will come

July 07 2011 at 9:18 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
junicans

jose ...you are dangerous if you can honestly say people are judging casey anthony to harshly. For you it is all about winning and your next big pay day, for the general public it is about a little girl whose body was found in the woods after being murdered by her mother. I listened to the case and it is so obvious that she was guilty. God help you for allowing the murderer of an innocent child go free to live a life that will be better than ever as a result of what she has done. You should be ashamed of yourself for celebrating your lies and trickery that stump and confused the stupid jury.

July 07 2011 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cow1129

Jose, you are a horrible person. I would have turned down representing Casey. You are dumb if you think she is innocent. I bet you are thrilled with your notoriaty like Johnny Cochran was when he got OJ off for murdering 2 innocent people. What disgusts me is Casey will probably make money off this with evil Hollywood types or publishers. This is unfair! I hope people refuse to buy anything that allows her to earn money. She still must answer to God.

July 07 2011 at 7:16 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply