November 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Big Brother 13' Kicks Off With Returnees, Coupling and Twists (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 8th 2011 3:42AM
'Big Brother 13'The producers of 'Big Brother 13' (Thu., 9PM ET on CBS) definitely found a way to make these first few weeks of the season more compelling and interesting. And we're not even talking about the twist of returning houseguests to stir things up.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

In fact, this 13th Season Premiere featured two twists that left the eight new players with eight jaws hanging on the ground. The first twist threw opening strategies out the window, and the second one threw elimination strategies out the window. Now no one really knows what to do.

It's time for some fast thinking. But this premiere didn't just introduce us to houseguests and twists. We also got the first Head of Household challenge, which had a bit of a twist as well.

Julie Chen first floored the eight initial houseguests by telling them this season was all about the power couples. So they had to choose right then and there someone to partner with for the duration of the game -- or until a twist mixes it up.

But that was only the first surprise. The second was the return of some old favorites. First came Brendan and Rachel from last season's 'Big Brother,' followed by the power couple that found love and victory with Jeff and Jordan. Far less in harmony, if they are to be believed, are father-daughter duo Evel Dick and Danielle.

According to Dick, the two hadn't talked in three years, but hating one another scored Dick the victory in 'Big Brother 8.' This time, his daughter is looking to throw him under the bus to win the game. Which brings us to the second twist.

Couples win and lose together. If you win Head of Household, as Rachel did this time by hanging onto her banana longest, both you and your partner are safe. But instead of nominating two individuals for elimination, you have to choose a couple. That means they then have to compete against each other for favor.

But that wasn't even the last twist. Of the first four eliminations, the member of the couple who doesn't get thrown out of the house has immunity until the game reaches the Top 10. That changes everything as far as determining who to throw out, because you're also choosing to keep the other half of that couple deeper into the game.

Looks like another exciting summer in the 'Big Brother' house. Are you excited about all these twists and turns? Which couple would you nominate for eviction, and which of that pair would you send home?

pinkster88

I’m starting to love Rachel and she is a lot easier to watch when Brendon isn’t around and she doesn’t become an emotional player. I can’t wait to see what happens over the next few days and I know some people still haven’t watched Sunday’s episode and since I have a DISH Network employee account and I know the movie is available online. All you have to do is sign into your DISH Network online account and voila, you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips. There's also a ton of other content available for non-DISH customers and anyone can check it out at http://bit.ly/dJzWgo for more information!

September 12 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meemdd Meem

~^~~^~◢██□██◣.~~~~~*^_^*-- http://www.jordanforworld.com

good web

love

lets go~^~~^~◢██□██◣.~~~~~*^_^*

July 08 2011 at 10:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Jana

Actually I'm thrilled with all the new changes! It will make it different and to see all the newbies about crap in their pants when they started walking in was funny! Also, I want to see what happens the first time it is brought up about Brendan flashing his privates on the internet to some other girl!!! I won't have to listen to Rachel's laugh when THAT happens!! lol Evil Dick will be fun cause he is such a scuz and doesn't look like he has changed much. I couldn't tell if Danielle was quiet cause she was trying not to blow the cover, or if she really is angry with her father. I'd sure get over a hate for 1/2 million dollars! Jordan is as beautiful and sweet as ever, and Jeff's smile is gorgeous. I wish them well.The newbies all looked so sure of themselves till that doorbell rang and it's good to keep them on their toes....

July 08 2011 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry and Emily

I wish Big Brother wouln't bring back past players. I don't feel that it is fair to all the new ones. Besides, now we have to go all over the same past drama that we hated before, Evel Dick and Rachel all over again. I don't know if I can take them for another season. I enjoyed when we started all new each year with just the different surprises. Well I'll watch for awhile, But if its a repeat of there same old actions I'll quit.

July 08 2011 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidnh28

I too hate Rachel but I hope Evel Dick gets mad at her and goes off on her. You remember when he was banging the pots and pans during his season. This could be a lot of fun.

July 08 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mizsweetpea2u2

i'm with the rest of you! CANT STAND RACHEL! get rid of her and the show will be watchable. her laugh is like fingernails on a chalkboard! YIKES!

July 08 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Monica L Escobar

Glad to see The Big Brother back!! Missed it last night however, I plan to watch from now on. Hope it's as exciting as I think it's going to be.

July 08 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
birdielp13

Come on guys! It's Big Brother! Rachel is the one we hate, but she also is the one who will make watching Big b
Brother fun to watch! WHY???? Because she will annoy the HELL out of EVERYONE in the house! LOL Wow, really surprised Brendan and Rachel are engaged! Jeff and Jordan engaged too? Guess love is truly blind! LOL Evil Dick and daughter Danielle????? Looks can be decieving...yeah, they have a history...but I think the house better watch out for those two! Funny how the newbies reacted when the guest list changed! They acted like a new toy was taken from them! LOL Yep I'm really going to enjoy this BB! Been a fan since the very first season,with Chicken
George! I have'nt missed a show! Sooooooo lighten up, guys, sit back and enjoy all the caos, fun, romance, backstabbing, lies etc. That's the WHOLE POINT of BB!

July 08 2011 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hellloo, Margie

hey ABC has a better show on the same night and time.... Extreme Impossible

July 08 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
duranjjetoby

To bring disgusting Rachel and Brandon back is an insult,cant stand neither one.Also Danielle is hard to recognice,she looks so old and trampy.Why not have all new people much more interesting.

July 08 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply