April 18, 2014

ABC Family Renews 'Melissa & Joey'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 11th 2011 6:15PM
Melissa & Joey'Melissa & Joey' isn't going anywhere. ABC Family has ordered a second season of the Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence sitcom.

"Melissa and Joey have proven to be a comedic powerhouse, with wonderful chemistry that has resonated with viewers in the tradition of great television pairings," Michael Riley, president of ABC Family, said in a statement. "As our focus on comedy continues to develop, we're delighted to see it return next year as an integral part of the network's expanding slate of original series."

The premiere episode was watched by 2.15 million viewers. Since then, viewership has slid, with the most recent episode capturing 1.08 million viewers.

Season 1 wraps up this fall and Season 2 kicks off in 2012.

'Melissa & Joey' airs Wed., 8PM on ABC Family followed by another ABC Family original sitcom, Raven-Symone's 'State of Georgia.

April

I am So Glad to hear there will be a 2nd season of Melissa & Joey! I grew up watching them on their own sitcoms, and to see them working together is awesome! I had just noticed the sitcom in Aug, on ABC Family, But I don't get alot of chances to watch television, so I just watched the 30 episodes of season 1 on my netflix!...Can't wait for more!

November 11 2011 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim07

ABC has a Hit! With Melissa & Joey I love this show it's comedy gold, well written and the cast is perfect chemistry. I'm very happy to see this show will be back for a second season and wish for many more seasons for Melissa & Joey.

October 20 2011 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim07

Melissa & Joey is a Winner! I love this it's funny, smart, well written and the cast is perfect. ABC has a HIT! I do happy to see there will be a season 2 and hope for many more.

October 20 2011 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xcalboy

Confusing. So what is on now is the third part of season 1?

July 12 2011 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meemvv Meem

^^~^^█田█田█.∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.
█田█田█∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.----w w w j o r d a n s f o r k i n g c o m
█田█田█.★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.