October 21, 2014

'Human Target' Star Mark Valley Joins 'Harry's Law'

by Maggie Furlong, posted Jul 12th 2011 8:30PM
Mark Valley'Human Target' alum Mark Valley has found a new gig. (And no, he's not taking the seat in the pilot's cockpit on ABC's 'Pan Am' like many of us had hoped.)

With his most recent Fox drama getting the axe after just two seasons of comic book-inspired vigilante justice, Valley is now headed back to the courtroom and back to work with David E. Kelley, this time for Season 2 of NBC's 'Harry's Law.'

'Harry's Law' stars Kathy Bates as Harriet "Harry" Kern, a former patent lawyer-turned-legal defense for the common man. Her new practice is run out of a shoe store, a quirk that should come as no surprise considering Kelley's offbeat brand of dramedy.

The show made headlines last month for dropping mutually parting ways with two of its series regulars, Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen. Now Valley will take over the job alongside recently cast Broadway star Karen Olivo.

Both Valley and Olivo will be playing new members of Harriet's team of lawyers.

Also getting a new 'Law' job: Jean Smart, who has signed on for a multi-episode arc as an opposing lawyer prosecuting an accused murderer, who'll be played by fellow guest star Alfred Molina.

Is it just us, or is 'Harry's Law' starting to sound like a completely new show? (And, no, that's not necessarily a bad thing.)

Are you a 'Harry's Law' fan? If not already, will all this casting news make you want to watch Season 2?

Lestrade

I loved Human Target until they brought in the two bimbos. As for Harry's Law, the opening 10 mins of Season One Episode One was *most* interesting. I got tired of the soap opera passion/emotions that we got from Brittany and Ami - so good riddance.

August 24 2011 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cfig112774

the network sucks for dumping human target. that was the best show they had

July 18 2011 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cm7

I am not a fan of "Harry's Law," but now maybe l will watch it because of Mark Valley.

July 13 2011 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
evansgoldensun1

The show was perfect the way it was; however, as things go, I like Valley okay but don't know the other two. I will give them a chance because I love David Kelley's work especially Boston Legal (died way too soon). I liked Harry's Law from the beginning with its quirtiness. Hope we don't lose that with these new characters.

July 13 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

Don't care for Valley, don't know Olivio but love Kathy Bates, so I'll stick with the show for a while longer

July 13 2011 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
margievasicek

Hey, I have a brilliant idea. Just bring back Human Target!

July 13 2011 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to margievasicek's comment
Deej Barens

Human Target is dead, well and truly dead. Set sale happened months ago.

July 13 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BarbaraL

I cannot get interested in Harrys Law. I really liked Human Target and was unhappy when it changed so much about what made the show good in season 2 - think thats what killed it off. But as much as i like Valley he is not enough to get me to watch Harrys Law.

July 13 2011 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kaynwil

Sad to hear about Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen! I liked these two on the show. I'd consider dropping it if it weren't for Mark Valley who can't seem to catch a break. He either doesn't last on a show (Fringe) or the show gets cancelled (BTW-Loved Human Target! :-(). I'll continue to watch to support him and we'll see how it goes...

July 13 2011 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad456

Brittany Snow is no longer on this show.
Good, Now I can drop this dog of a show.

July 12 2011 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply