September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jeff Lewis Flips Out When Two Members of His Staff Are Late to Work (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 13th 2011 1:50AM
Jeff Lewis, 'Flipping Out'When they came up with the title for 'Flipping Out' (Tue., 9PM ET on Bravo), it was a play on words for Jeff Lewis's house-flipping projects, which dominated the first season. It also may have been a reflection on his volatile personality.

As the show has shifted more toward his design work, the title is mostly now about his breakdowns. This week, his pot began to boil when Zoila arrived late for work, and failed to get the mail.

He screamed at her, ignoring her excuses about traffic. "Let me explain LA. There's traffic every f****** day of the week!"

"You need to calm down," Zoila told him, all too aware of how he gets. But instead, he turned his wrath on Sarah, who was also late.

As for her excuse about finding parking, he simply called her a liar and decreed that he would begin jotting down all of her lies so when her review comes up she can see that she needs therapy. She simply said, "Okay."

Lewis must pay these people pretty well to put up with all of this nonsense, though he is right to expect a level of honesty and work ethic in his employees. Do you think he crosses the line in how he treats his staff? Or are they pushing him and taking advantage?

colin

Forgive him , He is a chick with a dick ,or just a dick .

July 13 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gancitano7

I don't know who he thinks he is speaking that way to his employees. How does he know that she's lying?? He's nothing but a bully & if he spoke to me that way I'd quit!!! You just don't speak to a woman that way. He's got no self respect. He should take an anger management class.

July 13 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pitciarn

Jeff does push hard, as would any small businessman in todays economic times. He has a reason to expect certain actions (arrive on time by taking traffic into account, doing the tasks assigned to you, etc...) However his childish rants and screaming take any respect from him as a boss/business owner. Just because you are a Business Owner does not allow you to scream and swear at your staff for the transgressions in the clip.

What would potential clients of his think seeing him on TV ? IF I hired him to re-model my home and knew how he went Atomic on HIS staff, I'd RIP HIM OPEN if he failed to hit my goals on time. While he is a detail driven perfectionist in his work that garners him accoladses. He needs to learn swearing and screaming in the real world would end him up in court for harrasement, he needs to grow up. BRAVO TV must pay him well to compensate his staff for his tirades,and screaming.

Zoila has been his maid for many years, cleaning up after him and his many pets and his office staff(he has his office in his home) and now his live-in Boyfriend, I'm sure there have been multiple times where she has hit the ball out of the park cleaning his Home/Office. being late once does not rate getting sworn at. The dust on the banister will be there if she is late.

July 13 2011 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kiley

how stupid he is soooo gay!!!!!!!!!

July 13 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rodney!!!!

I know I couldn't work for that Jack Ass 1 minute!!!!!

July 13 2011 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply