August 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jerry Seinfeld Slaps Jon Stewart to Stop Him Telling Marcus Bachmann Jokes (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 14th 2011 4:39AM
Jerry Seinfeld, 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart'Just like Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann's husband, Dr. Marcus Bachmann, reportedly used therapy to encourage gay people to go straight, Jerry Seinfeld came on 'The Daily Show' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on Comedy Central) to use therapy to help Jon Stewart not crack jokes at Bachmann's more effeminate traits.

And he used the most abrupt and startling therapy methods known to modern medicine ... and barbaric medicine as well. He slapped sense into Stewart when he couldn't control his urges to crack jokes about Bachmann's dance moves or his speaking voice.

"Of course I'd love to say Dr. Marcus Bachmann buys Brawny paper towels for the packaging," Seinfeld admitted. It's about controlling those urges and suppressing them when they start to rise up. He explained to Stewart that comedy is a lifestyle choice. He wasn't born that way, and he can ignore those impulses to make jokes.

scorpian777

Oh! Gee Seinfeld is so funny!! NOT!!! He's boring!!!

July 14 2011 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slowhanddean

The best time to watch either one is when the aren't on.

July 14 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jidc4w

That slap was all well rehearsed like every move on TV is. Otherwise someone might have sued his azz or beat his ears off.

July 14 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jidc4w

Seinfeld is a dumb bi-sexual jewboy that can't take his eyes off the cue cards, he is as stupid as leno, no wonder they cancelled his dumb show years ago.

July 14 2011 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jidc4w's comment
nbrez96

1. I don't find your anti-semetic statements funny but rather offensive
2. Seinfeld was the most watched television program in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1998
3. Seinfeld won 3 Golden Globes and 10 Primetime Emmy's

July 14 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dolly0323

I enjoy the Jerry Seinfeld show. He is very entertaining.

July 14 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mirakul7

I am along with those who enjoyed the Seinfeld reruns (I never watched when the show was being aired) but Jerry is definitely not a funny person. He is comical only when Larry David is writing the lines, hence he has not had a show since David left the Seinfeld Show as Producer/Writer. I didn't see him slap Stewart. I hope it was all in fun but Seinfeld has a jealous streak in him that shows up when he is visiting other successful shows and comedians. I have seen him turn nasty on Jay Leno's show also.

Another comedian that I do not find funny outside of delivering prepared lines is Bill Cosby. Watching either Seinfeld or Cosby when they are guests or when they are acting as hosts turns me off and I will not watch them.

July 14 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jidc4w

July 14 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jidc4w's comment
BC

Yeah, and his dumb show was only on for 9 years! Even the Jews who run Hollywood couldn't keep it on the air! Why, 'Gunsmoke' ran for 20!

July 14 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dolly0323

I enjoy the Jerry Seinfeld show

July 14 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
mscowby

I am sp proud of both these guys. They are putting "Dr. Bachmann" in his place. If feel that the Medical Board of Minnisota needs to review Dr Bachmanns' methods and ability to carry on as a Doctor of Medicine.

July 14 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dolly0323

I enjoy the Jerry Seinfield show.

July 14 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply