August 27, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kyra Sedgwick Found Out She's Distantly Related to Husband Kevin Bacon (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 15th 2011 5:00AM
Kyra Sedgwick, 'Late Show with David Letterman'Kyra Sedgwick always wins when playing "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" because she's married to him. But she inadvertently found out something else about him when she participated in a show with Henry Louis Gates Jr. that traced her lineage back 200 years, as she revealed on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS).

It was all fun and games when she found out she was distant cousins with the likes of Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon and even Marilyn Monroe. "I can see the resemblance," Sedgwick smiled.

But she also found out she was a 10th cousin once removed of one Kevin Bacon. So she's married and related by blood, albeit just marginally, to Kevin Bacon. Now no one will ever be able to beat her at that game!

exitscreaming

Shes distant cousins to Marilyn Monroe, Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon..? Why not just throw Elvis and James Dean in there too...

July 18 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
greenpup7

This was kind of funny with my favorite character Brenda Liegh Johnson speaking in her natural speaking voice! I really do like that southern draw that her character speaks in!

July 18 2011 at 7:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey L. McNeel

They should dig in deeper; it would be discovered how a lot of married couples are INCESTUOUS! Grouse!

July 17 2011 at 3:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shortstuff

C'mon, no one is 100% ANYthing unless you've been inbreeding since Adam & Eve but that's ANOTHER story...

July 16 2011 at 10:41 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cinicolam

AMEN !

July 16 2011 at 8:05 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
edhowell

It appears my wife and I were seventh cousins; yet, we were sweethearts since she was four and I was six. We were married 65 years when she died in my arms from ALS (Lou Genrig's Disease) two years ago. She was the only girl I ever loved, the only girl I ever kissed. She was the greatest!

July 16 2011 at 7:35 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to edhowell's comment
bradycandell

WOW, that's so sweet but so terribly sad.

July 18 2011 at 10:06 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
gbelter777

Babe abvoe is smoken hot!!!

July 16 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
SgtJoeFriday

Eeewwww!

July 16 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Myrrh

Does this mean she's only 1/2 to Kevin Bacon?

July 16 2011 at 4:07 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
LL

As an esthetician I always have women asking what they can do about their wrinkles. I always tell them about the Pure Collagen Facial Serum ( HTTP://tinyurl.com/FaceliftSerum ) which is America's number one anti-aging serum. It erases wrinkles and lip lines, reduces under eye circles, and boosts collagen production. It's much better, safer, and less expensive than Botox. They always come back to tell me how great it is and how much younger they look. It’s a great product and I back it up 100%.

July 16 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply